Factory nav satellite radio question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've been wondering for the past 6 years I've owned the truck, just never thought to put it on here for some reason, but does anyone else with the factory nav unit get the titles and artists names to come up on the satellite radio? Mines just blank unless I hit the info button and then it goes away after a few seconds. I feel like it should just show this without hitting any buttons.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Try the "Info" button.

Yea that's what I said above and it does show it once I hit that button but it goes away a few seconds later. I'd like the artist and title to just always be there so I don't gotta hit that button to see who it is. Just thought maybe I was missing a setting somewhere that would fix this.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Nope, I don't think there is a setting. On the two REC/NAV head units I've owned one or two pushes on the Info button got it to the right screen and it stayed there.

Sounds like an internal fault.

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not sure if I ever tried double tapping it. I've tried pushing and holding the button and had no luck. Could be a fault, like I said it's been like that since I've owned it and that's been over 6 years now.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I could tell you but I pulled that thing out like a week after I bought the truck. For such a high dollar option of having NAV and Bluetooth and satellite, that radio was a piece of crap. Constantly doing weird stuff like that. Oh and no aux, usb, or Bluetooth audio streaming which makes no sense

OP
OP
blackbeautyhemi

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wish I could tell you but I pulled that thing out like a week after I bought the truck. For such a high dollar option of having NAV and Bluetooth and satellite, that radio was a piece of crap. Constantly doing weird stuff like that. Oh and no aux, usb, or Bluetooth audio streaming which makes no sense

Yea I wish it would have an aux port or Bluetooth.. Hell the regular CD players without the nav in these trucks have a aux port lol why not the higher end nav? The screen not displaying the satellite radio is really the only "issue" I've had with it if you wanna call it that, more of nuisance than issue I guess.