First post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 4.7 v8
Hi, I have an 03 with a quad cab and the 4.7 magnum. This is my first post but I have been reading the site for a while. With what i found on this site i realized i needed a new u-joint so i went to the shop and had one put on they only did the rear. but i still hear some noise. the shaking at hiway speed is gone but turning at under 5 mph makes a rattle that i didn't notice before. The shop said it isn't the front u-joint but probably a joint in the wheels does this sound right? I want to try to do it my self is it a job i could handle? any help is appreciated, i only started doing my own matinence a year ago and am learning a lot everyday. if i didn't post this in the right spot feel free to move it. thanks in advance

Thegen58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try and "shake down" the front end, grab the tire at top and bottom and wiggle it then at 3 and 9. Any movement should indicate a problem with ball joints, tie rod ends, or wheel bearing. I also like to have a friend wiggle the steering wheel back and forth to check for movement in the joints. I'm no master mechanic and new to the site too but I think this is some sound advice, someone else will hopefully chime in. Also youtube is great for how to videos.