First truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxracer81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Been looking to buy a truck for months while I was scrolling through cl I came across a good deal. It's a 2004 dodge 2500 cummins lifted 150k miles all the goodies guy says he needs cash and the front end has some play etc.. He said it needs bushings in the front end and the steering box replaced. Few questions, is it hard to replace a steering box? It also needs a map sensor.. Say if I drove the truck home ( 2hr 30min ride) will I make the problems worse or will it be fine? All I know at the moment is that it needs bushings in the front, steering box and a map sensor. The guy says he drives it every couple days.. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Before you plunk down your hard earned cash please take the truck to a mechanic you trust. If the owner will not allow you to do that then walk away. Seeing your back will change his mind most times. Have the mechanic go over the truck real well. IF the mechanic gives you the thumbs up then go ahead. If the mechanic says it is junk walk away. You really do not want someone elses problem no matter how good a deal it seems. Dumping money into anything is stupid if you just bought it.