Front Differential with pix!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Well start too finish, Fluid change.
1)
fluid1.jpg

Then start wrenching,
2)
fluid2.jpg
Now the cleaning and inspection.
3)
fluid3.jpg
4)
fluid4.jpg
5)
This is a quick way too paint the bolts. I used white and red for the cover, ( I used black for the rear bolts).
6)
fluid5.jpg

and
7)
fluid6.jpg
Waiting for the rvt too dry gonna give it quite a few hours, with a 24 hour cure time I'm not in a hurry.
fluid7.jpg
Well not bad, Got a little messy with the rvt. but it ain't easy mounting it if you don't practice first. lol
Any comments??

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Looks good man. Good job. Looks like it could use a change. lol Little black on ya. Nice paint btw. That Red is gonna compliment the black real well.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Looks good man. Good job. Looks like it could use a change. lol Little black on ya. Nice paint btw. That Red is gonna compliment the black real well.

Yeah from the UNDERNEATH!!! lol I actually like the red differential look. I always liked red. for highlights, just not the whole ******* truck. lol.j/k really lol thanks big, glass...
I found what I think is a breather tube from the pumpkin too the side of the battery, I wonder if I can use that too fill the ******, It is kinda cramped under there, either that or the turkey baster. I dunno could take awhile for the tube method if it works.

dodgeram07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looks great i need to change mine soon

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Here's a pic of the breather tube btw.
fluid8.jpg

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Napa sells a tool to refill them but I cant think of the name of it at the moment lol.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I actually bought a hand pump, too escape the fluid without breaking the seal, turns out it was a *************. Turkey baster, I think. will do the trick, It,doesn't take a ****load too fill any ways.It was some kind of pump. thou. I know what you mean.
Oh well it's done
fluids9.jpg

Last edited:

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
looks like way too much RTV. other than that killer pics and paint job. whenever i use RTV to make a seal. i spread on a thin layer on both surfaces. pan and diff, or tranny. allow it to sit for a little bit. when you torque it down, there isnt enough to be squeezed out the sides, and it makes a perfect seal. guarantee it.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Agreed , I was a tad heavier than the 1/4 inch reccomended. lol. I noticed some over squish with the original rtv. In the pumpkin. Thats why I'm waiting the full 24 hrs. otherwise I would be pouring ,squeezing ,or pumping fluid in her right now. Is it me or does that sound ******??

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i watched my gear guy do it to my truck yesterday and he used a very lil 1/8-1/4 bead around the whole thing let it sit for about 10 mins and put it on it worked perfect he also stuck cover in a machine and washed it real good now i think im gonna get under there tape it off and paint it now.....all you gotta wait is 20 mins if that...

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Yep cleaned off the excess and went to town on the fluids. I took off the bulb of the turkey baster and then was able to keep the bottle tilted under neath the oil pan and drained it, 2nd one only took 3/4"s. The best part? When I put the bulb back on the baster to remove the excess. Talk about enginuity!!lol
fluids9.jpg

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
that looks awesome rocket

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
You really like the white bolts? I used whatever I had left for enamel. I was saying to my self, eh this might not fly, but the rear bolts were black, and I kinda wanted the same look. But at the same time I was limited too what I had. I had to get it done, but I had to use what I had cuz of being outa work for so long.
When I told my gf; Another mod, she hit the roof!! Till I said it was already and money that was spent lol.Gonna be hard to sell the srt hood I have plans for, and the 200 dollar perscription glasses for bike riding.Let's not forget the 170.00 I need for the football season.
10 bucks a week for 17 weeks, against the spread. Winner each week pays for the season. at the end of the season 1st, 2nd and 3rd. pays in thew thousands. Last place is 400.00 bucks not too shabby.
pm me if you want in. sept. 7th is the cut off.

At any rate thanks for the compliments.!

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
honestly no a fan of the white, its too candy canish. but you did what you had to and its up under the front so no one will see it unless directed there. you could always pull one or two at a time and paint them black later on. you have inspired me to do this but in black and i really like the way you painted the bolts, genius.

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Thanks man. I'm thinking the same thing When done I'll whip out the mirror for all the truck shows I missed this year, but will hit up next year lol!!

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i want to hit a show i just never have. need to get off my ass

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
believe me I tried!! but I litterly have to be a shut in for a month before the event. cuz **** always came up. Granted I had my heart set On only two events, maybe three. But **** came up and I was looking in from the outside. It ain't easy too schedule Thats for sure, and then follow thru. ******* Karma!!lol.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
very nice...how hard was it getting the cover off?

OP
OP
rocket

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
very nice...how hard was it getting the cover off?

Not too bad actually, because of the orange grade form a gasket and the factory chalk mark on the rubber grommet. I knew it had never been changed. I used a 1/4 inch socket, on all but one of the bolts. There is one that required a 1/2 inch wrench. ( I thought it was metric) but the 1/2 inch fit better, both socket and wrench. Then I tapped a chisel (carefully ) into the seam of the cover and the pumpkin. When it starts leaking your on your way.:005: