Front end noise(squeak)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian's07RamHEMI 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HEllo all! I just joined,I'm looking for help to figure this noise out..It's coming from the front end when going over bumps,it sounds like a rubber to metal squeak,anyone else experiance this?? It also wont squeak with temperatures under 40 degrees..I hope someone can help me out as this noise is driving me crazy,as I cant isolate it..Thanks in advance..Brian

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Only does it going over bumps huh. Hmmm Sounds like a possible bushing or maybe the shock. Have you tried standing on the front bumper and using your weight to make the front go up and down?? That will help you try to find it. Welcome to RF BTW.

OP
OP
B

Brian's07RamHEMI 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bitman07,YES i have bounced the front end by standing on the bumper and it does it..I have sprayed WD40 on all rubber parts as well as the shock/strut shaft and it still does it,i even took a grease needle and greased the upper an lower ball joints,still making the noise....Thanks for your input...Brian

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
hmmmmm ok I'm assuming that the truck is 2wd. I'm going to guess here and say maybe the bushings in the A arms. With age the rubber is probably getting worn out. So wd isn't going to really have an affect on them. But others will chime in before long and put their 2cents in. But that is my guess.

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
WD-40 on those parts just makes matters worse...it's a dirt magnet...don't the A arms have a zerk fitting on them so thay can be greased? If your front end is properly greased and you see no obvious signs of damage to bushings, etc, then I would only assume it is a bad shock...

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Do you have a lift on it? If so, that could possibly be loose somewhere. And welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
B

Brian's07RamHEMI 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ramthis9501,
No no lift on yet! gotta pay it off first..I want to THANK everyone who has replied with suggestions an the welcome...Hope to find help an help when i can here..THANKS AGAIN....Brian

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Can you lay under the vehicle while someone jumps up and down -Lol I know that sounds dumb- and try and pinpoint where it's coming from, or at least which side? Or just check every bushing. Sway bar/Ball joints/Upper n' Lower control Arms

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lay underneath the front end while a buddy jumps on the bumper. look at every point that moves while it is bouncing. put some pressure on each one by either pulling, pushing, or just grabbing on. you will find where its coming from.

i had a front end squeaking problem, turned out my coil spring wasnt seated properly and the spring isolator was rubbing on the spring bucket.

lilfroger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
A squeak on bumps was the only warning sign I had when my front u-joint went bad.

Did if for weeks and I could never find it. Then one morning driving to work and every left corner felt like some one was trying to jerk the wheel out of my hands.

OEM one's are "lubed for life" .... so make sure when you replace them you get actual greaseable ones.

OP
OP
B

Brian's07RamHEMI 4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well i had my son bounce the front end and i was touching the top of the strut and you could feel the squeek there,i also touched the upper an lower ball joints and felt nothing,plus the swat bar bushings,Well i will have to say THANK YOU to all for your input as i'm thinking left front strut/shock..Now just have to wait till after Christmas to have the money to replace both front ones..Again THANKS...Brian

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you figured it out, now did you ever post pics of your truck??