G56/Hemi Truck....Opinions/Input Appreciated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hello all, im looking into a 2007 2500 ST with a hemi and G56. I hate to see my 6.4 go but this truck will lower my monthly payments by 350-400 bucks and my insurance a good chunk also. Im looking for input from anyone who has or has had a hemi/g56 combo about reliability and any issues theyve had with the transmission in general. I know there have been significantly more trucks made with a cummins/g56 but there are many differences between the clutch setups in those trucks that make it inusable for hemi owners. The combo is rare in general but im hoping there might be a few people who can chime in. The truck im looking at is extremely clean for a NY truck and has 91,000 miles approximately. It was obviously some sort of work truck because it is bone stock with manual everything, no cab lights, tow mirrors, tow hooks or skid plates but it doesnt seem to have been worked too hard due to the condition of the body and chassis.

Main concerns:
clutch reliability nearing and past 100k miles
lack of aftermarket support for the G56 mated to Hemis
front end components on 3rd Gen 3/4 ton trucks with nearly 100k miles

Again, any input on these concers and possible remedies or justification as to why they should not be concerns would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't address your first 2 concerns, but as far as the front end components, I'm in the process of changing every component on mine with 135k miles to fix some geometry issues with mine being lowered and I have run into 2 things that actually could have used replacing:

One wheel hub was loose and one outer tie rod end was locked up.

The great news is that using Rockauto and carparts.com, the replacement parts are extremely cheap for these trucks.