Gears and LSD????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I think I may be doing 4.56 gears and a DTT sooner than I wanted. So here is the deal, what do you think.

It has been raining here the last 2 days and today for some reason I could barely pull out. As soon as I touched the gas, I do a peg leg burn out, one tire spinning. Problem is, I have the factory LSD. I am not getting any noises or anything like that. Do you guys think the LSD is going bad or what?

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
As they get older they get less effective. When was the last time the diff oil was changed with the addition of the friction modifier? Whenever we changed the doff fluid in dads Ford and added the modifier the LSD would work way better. As long as there is no noise or banging or the fluid does not have excessive metallic particles in it I would not be overly worried.

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All due respect, are you 100% positive you have LSD. I know boat loads of guys that don't have any idea what they have gear wise and LSD wise. Did this just come about since the 2 day rain? When was the last time you felt the LSD working?

OP
OP
glass3222

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All due respect, are you 100% positive you have LSD. I know boat loads of guys that don't have any idea what they have gear wise and LSD wise. Did this just come about since the 2 day rain? When was the last time you felt the LSD working?

Yes I am 100% sure I have the 3.92 gears with factory Anti Spin Diff. I have a build sheet, it says it on the tag in the glove box, and I changed the diff oil when I bought the truck in January and saw it with my own eyes. That was about 15K miles ago.

Here is a burnout from the summer, both tires spinning on dry pavement
YouTube - glass3222's Channel

The last time I felt it work was about 4 days ago.

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
pretty common for worn clutch packs i think. the fluid is due for a change tho...
mine will spin both on wet pavement in a straight line, and will spin both when turning left, but if i turn right it will do a peg leg... fucken junk. cant wait to toss that **** in the garbage and get a real diff and gears...