got bored, went crazy with conduit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
2 packs of blue at autozone, went in looking for a switch panel and came out with conduit..
it might be a little bit too much blue.. but everything is much more protected now!

004-1.jpg
003-1.jpg

dont fake fun of my wiring , after i get my switch panel this will all be rewired nice and neat!

001.jpg
002.jpg

now i need to armor-all all the plastic under there... ughhhh

Last edited:
OP
OP
nim81

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
about 45 minutes... really cleaned it up a lot

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
i dont like it. sorry. i think it looks like an attempt to dress up the engine bay that turned into a ricer-styled mess. its just too much.

if you like it, keep it though. its not my truck :)

OP
OP
nim81

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
it is a blue nightmare.. lol i was trying to get a simiplified look... there are so many damn wires and tubes and hoses.. i dont like them ... i guess i could just lose the a/c, convert to a carb and lose all the damned wiring including computer.. big block hemi with manual transmission... :D

i agree though a_f.. its a little too much.. the more i look at it the more i want to just rip the whole motor out.. maybe i should have went with lime green.. hahahaha

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
if you like the blue, keep a few of them blue. if you like the protection, you could maybe paint the other ones? not sure how expensive it was, maybe you could just replace some of the blue with black.

some of the areas arent necessary like on the tranny oil dipstick

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with AF...it looks ricey, and just doesn't fit anything else in the engine bay. And, it's not going to give you anymore protection. If you were to do more braided, or even silicone hoses...then, that might be different.

OP
OP
nim81

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
some of them i just had left overs and was using it up.. might paint them grey or silver... like mentioned before i was bored. 2 packs of it was only $11 have to get some krylon fusion.. that stuff works wonders

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i like the fact that we can give honest opinions on this board, and members take it as constructive criticism. and no one is getting all butt hurt about anything! Thats why i like this board more than others. keep up the great attitudes guys.

and to the OP, although its a bit much now. i think that if you pull a couple off, or just make a few black it would look MUCH better.

OP
OP
nim81

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
hey guys, i didnt post this thread to be a *****, i wanted to know what you guys thought! and i really appricate the honesty! thanks a bunch!

the more i think about it, the more im thinking grey would look alot better than the blue.... maybe leave a few blue and the rest goto grey... i really dont like the black conduit.. but definitaly over did it with blue!!!!

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since we are being honest, black is the only color to go with. Put your efforts into detailing your engine bay, get rid of that felt thing that sits just below the wiper cowl, silicone the hoses, detail the painted parts like the underside of the hood etc. You don't want to bring attention to the ugly parts of the engine like wires and hoses.