got a problem :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
k so my wife called me last night and said, "theres something wrong with my truck"..........f@#%!!!!!!! Front drivers side tire is making a sort of zip tie sound regularly. like every turn of the tire a zip tie gets "zipped". this morning she said now it sounds kinda like a womping noise when she gets up to speed(40+ish). im kinda thinking its a hub or bearing but wanted some input first since you guys are smarter than me!!! :**** Eater:

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will most likely be the hub. Mine made that and a squeaking sound when I had to change mine.
If it is, it is a very simple change to do. There is actually a video on the tube on how to change them.

4x4 and 2wd are the same design and are the same part number.

Sent from my VS920 4G

OP
OP
olbaid_83

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
makes me happy to know its an easy fix! gonna wait for a few others to chime in on this just to be sure.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Best way to check is to jack it up and spin the tire, wiggle it, and check the backside of the hub to.see if it has started to come apart.
This is something you would need to do asap if its making noise.

Bad hub= entire wheels and tire assembly could go flying off while driving....

Sent from my VS920 4G

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sound like a cv joint, never had it go in a truck but the best way to describe it is a clicking sound when you turn...

Tappin it...

OP
OP
olbaid_83

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
2wd 4.7. i dont think its a cv joint cause its not a popping noise and it happens whether you are turning or going straight

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Another possible item could be a tire that has separated internal bands.

But I'm putting my money on the hub & bearing.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
jack the front of the truck up and push on the top of the tire, if it moves and you can feel something loose its most likely a hub. i had the same thing happen to me.

OP
OP
olbaid_83

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
k so time for a funny story......i jacked the truck up.....tried to wiggle the tire.....no luck, didnt budge.....while i was driving the truck back and forth in the driveway (varying the speed) i thought to myself when going really slow it kinda sounded like rubber stretching......the idea about the seperated bands in the tire came to mind....had my wife get in the truck and back it up really slow while i got close to listen....i put my hand on the center cap and felt vibration......then i checked the lugnuts.....3 of them not any kind of tight at all....grabbed the 4 way tightened them up and vio la!!!! no more noise!!!......guess i learned tonight again why i should take electronics troubleshooting in to consideration for all things.....always check the simple mindless stuff first!!!!! lol