Heater Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roba22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. But here goes.

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab. I bought it about 3 years ago and have loved it till this winter. First I need to say that upon buying it the door that's inside the AC (on passenger side near the fan) had broken off and was covering the fan causing the air flow to be low. Instead of replacing I just removed. Was told it had something to do with the recirculation from inside to outside air and was not needed. That was 2-1/2 years ago and has not been a problem that I could tell. About 3-4 months ago I noticed that with the heat on high and full fan the temp on the passenger side is much hotter then on the driver side. I thought blind door. So had it checked and they are working fine. Did some research and found that air bubbles could be in the water system. I did notice (not ever time) but on some mornings when I start it I can hear what sounds like gurgling on the passenger side. sometimes its only a little and sometimes it longer. Never the same sound all the time. So I opened the raid cap and ran the truck a while. hoping that any air would move through system. Nothing. I also need to add that the temp difference is not like hot and ice cold. It's more like Hot (passenger side) and cool (driver side) I think one day it was tested at 160 on passenger and 85 on the driver side. I have not had any over heat problems. the truck seems to run just below mid point all the time on the gauge. When playing with the AC switches when I push the temp level for the driver side all the way to Hot the air flow seems to go down some. and when I push it all the way to the cold side it seems to get real high again. Its almost like I am also changing the fan speed but just moving the temp dial. Its a small change but I do notice it. the air flow on the passenger side seems to stay the same all the time. Again I had the blind doors checked (cost me $125) but they said they are fine.

I have been told it could be many different things.
1.) air in water system and needs to be flushed
2.) there is a clog in the heater core and needs to be flushed
3.) a blockage in the heater BOX (not core) like foam or something blocking the hot air to driver side
4.) bad water pump

anyone had this problem? anyone safely flushed a water system or unclogged a heater core? I am NOT car guy and struggle with simple task but I am willing to try and save money where I can. Just need good step by step help.