Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ms.MagnumSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC
Engine
Magnum 4.7 v8
o.k I have this terrible squeeking noise in my ram,I have replaced the idler pulley the belt and just yesterday replaced the tensioner pulley. The squeel only got worse after the tensioner was replaced. I was trying to start on the cheap end so far as replacing things go to try and figure this one out. It sounds kinda like the noise is coming from the power steering pump now that its much louder. if any one can offer up a suggestion I would be sooo greatful! My dads a ferd man , so he says I dont know whats wrong with it. GRRRRR

Stealth Mode

Banned
Reaction score
Sound's are sound's, whether it's a Ford or a Chrysler. I get a big kick outta' those kind's of guy's.

<<Build's Mustangs, but prefer's Mopar's.

Sound's like the ALT pulley maybe taking a ****...? Especially if you already replaced the tensioner pulley. Those are usually the squeaky culprit's.

OP
OP
Ms.MagnumSLT

Ms.MagnumSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC
Engine
Magnum 4.7 v8
Yea lol, my dads one of those guys, he will NEVER admit it but he really likes my truck. thanks I will have him check the alternator pulley.It seems to be charging a tad past the half way mark where it used to sit so you may be right on this one. Thanks!:)

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I'm kinda lazy about these things and will squirt water or WD40 on one pully at a time until the noise goes away. If you think it is loud enough pull the belt and turn everything over by hand until you find the one that is rough. Finish it up with some belt dresser. Good luck....