help finding G-tech pro ss replacement cradle/mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had a Gtech pro ss for about 2 years. I let a friend borrow it about a year ago when he went to the track just to see if it was accurate. Well on the way back from the track he totaled out his truck. My buddy and the gtech came out without a scratch but the cradle and the suction cup that mounts to the windshield was devoured. The gtech wasn't on the windshield during the wreck. I checked Gtechs website and they want 20 bucks for the cradle kit plus a crazy 15 bucks shipping. Maybe its just me but I dont see paying 35 bucks for all that. I check ebay often but never have any luck finding one. So is it possible to get the cradle kit from somewhere else?

This is a pic of what i need.
compmount.jpg

Last edited:

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hmm.... what is a gtech? Is this something you can buy a stronger mount, like you said, on ebay, and screw/glue it to work? That's what I did with my radar detector, and an ebay mount, and its strong as heel and fits perfectly!

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A gtech is a performance meter. It uses accelerometers to show your pulling, braking, and turning G's, RPMS, 0-60 times, HP, etc.. Its pretty accurate if calibrated correctly. I have looked into making a mount but nothing seems to fit it. Its actually resembles the shape of an egg and everything i've tried was either too small or not deep enough to reach and hold the top and bottom of the meter.

here is the site on it. GTech-Pro Model SS and i didnt pay 199 for it either. I think i paid like 79 at a local performance shop thats no longer open.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Looks like a small camera mount would work but you have prob already tried that.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Havent tried a camera mount. Where would i get one? I may have a solution though. I found the cradle for it and i might be able to drill a 1/16 inch hole in the back, where the ball looking thing use to be. Then drill a 1/16 in the back of one of the sturdiest iphone holders i have and run a small screw through the phone holder and cradle. I'm just afraid the the screw is going to split the plastic because it feels a little brittle. Wish me luck though ha

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Take your time and pre drill the hole just go nice and slow do not put too much force on the drill all will be well.