Help for a new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotcarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone. New to the forum and just got a new to me 2005 Ram 2500. 2 inch leveling kit, 35 inch tires, skyjacker steering stabilizer. Nothing else done to it, now I need to start making it my own. Can anyone suggest some must have mods for this truck? Anything at all, steering, performance, durability, economy, whatever. I have a superchips as well. I know there is a ton of info on the forum but its hard to seach for it when I don't know what to search for. I appreciate the help, and happy to be here!

-Matt

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the Forum, and that is going to depend on what you want to do with the truck.
Most guys usually start with exhaust and intake. Plasti-dipping the wheels is very popular too. Audio, the possibilities are endless, you need to kind of give us where you want to go. Spend some time in the 3rd gen section and you'll see the common stuff guys are doing. Also you can contact JJ about a set of headlights.

OP
OP
hotcarl

hotcarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well forgot to mention it has an exhaust. I will probably go with intake first then. Before I mod anything I need to figure out the steering problem, and pretty much just learn the truck all together. I have so many questions and don't know where to start.

For example:

How can I check if the truck was leveled correctly? I read on here that it could have just had t-bars adjusted. trouble with buying a non-stock truck is I don't know what isn't stock.

Also, do I need to change gears for 35 inch tires? (they may be 34s but i dont know how to check positively) Man I am new at this.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With it being a 2500, you have a SFA, so no t-bars. It would have had a spacer put in up front. Kind of hard to screw that up. And no, I'm running 35s on my 1500 with no issues what so ever.

OP
OP
hotcarl

hotcarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is exactly the stuff I am looking to learn. Thanks alot. And obviously with spacers, the previous owner didn't need to get longer shocks either right?

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depends, some guys do some don't. I cranked my t-bars. I have longer shocks waiting to be put on, but haven't yet. I've had my bars cranked for over 2 years now with no problems. All it will do is make the ride a little bit better, but its a 2500. If you are worried about ride, trade the truck off for a 1500.

OP
OP
hotcarl

hotcarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha, had a 1500 same year. Still regret selling it, but im enjoying the 2500 now, and my last one wasnt quad cab. Yes much stiffer ride though.

OP
OP
hotcarl

hotcarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thought of another question, whats the biggest tire you can put on a 2500 with a 2 inch level? stock wheels btw

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. :) Tinting the windows is a popular thing to do, also wheel well liners can clean up the rear wheel area.