Hitch and roll pans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ok before anyone says anything, yes I know there is a hitch just for behind the roll pans that can be bought and bolted up, the thing is on my 2500 I don't want that, I want a hitch that will actually sit below a roll pan so I don't have to go through the license plate hole...

I would consider a hidden hitch but all the ones I see don't seem to be able to tow the same load that my factory hitch can, so I guess I need help finding a hitch that can work on my 3/4 ton and still let me tow heavy loads like I need and be tucked behind a roll pan

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You're likely going to have to get one custom made for what you need. If I needed to tow more, I would just take mine to the chassis shop and have them build one that is actually welded and braced properly to the frame and lined up perfectly.

OP
OP
Demon-HeMi

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
that's what I figured, ive seen some rams with other bolt on hitches like they used to be back in the 90s and was hoping to find something bolt on and make it easier for fe to do in my drive way and not have to deal with a shop lol

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know the feeling. I was searching for hidden hitches for weeks and could only find 2 that will fit behind a roll pan and both had a 300lb tongue weight maximum. I went ahead and bought one and I think a lot of the problem is that the mounting points use those flat nut inserts that just slide into the frame to secure them.

I'm going to eventually have mine welded on for peace of mind because I see that as the first point of failure.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I'm planning on using the class IV that came with my truck. I'm going to move it back to where the front mounting bolt holes are over the rear holes in the frame and add a secondary hole to the side of the frame and receiver so as to obtain the second mount and to ensure no structural integrity compromise. After its all said and done I'll cut the roll pan to work with the receiver. Because I'm in the same boat you are don't want the weak receivers for the roll pan slot and I'd rather have a ball or hook or something always handy in the slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam