How to get blend door out and replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How hard is it to replace the blend door? Is it possible to remove the glove box and the plastic piece behind it and be able to access the blend door so you could change it?

Thanks,
Zach

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took the glove box off and I was able to pull the door out but there is no way to replace it with out taking more of the dash off. there are some great videos on YouTube about changing this door. They are Ram specific so the info is very helpful. I ended up just leaving my door off for now.

ladale21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins HO
Its actually a modual that you remove from the bottom, behind the glove box, but to replace the part that broke on that acuator you will half to buy the whole. Rung and transplant the 2 small pieces. , its about a 45min to an hr. Job

OP
OP
Z

Zachohs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen on the internet and other places, for replacing the blend door you only have to buy a replacement door, and install it into the current assembly.

ladale21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins HO
I have seen on the internet and other places, for replacing the blend door you only have to buy a replacement door, and install it into the current assembly.

yes but uts rare , most places now require you to buy the whole module and remove the door or replace the whole thing

ladale21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins HO
What does it do?

its call a recirc. door, when the vent knob it on the far left for feet, face or max air, this door closes and isolates the blower from the air outside forcing it to recicle the air incide so the a/c does not half to wark as hard to keep cold, also it keeps smells out to some extent

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out the heatertreater video on YouTube. They show you the whole process and you can buy the parts from them.

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To bring this thread back up, but does anybody have any tips on replacing JUST the door? Mine broke a part of the door, that mounts in the box. Any additional pics would be great as well.

BgHrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
TTT again. The heat is here and I need to replace that door.

electraflh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 dodge ram daytona
Engine
hemi 5.7
want a cheap quick fix, take the blower motor out, peak behind glove box and you can see the fresh air screen, reach up the blower motor hole and poke a hole in the screen, go to home depot and buy a can of expanding foam fill that sucker up, put blower motor back on, works great but no fresh air, or get something very sticky like dinamat and stick it over the screen, i tried duct tape but it only lasted a week and fell back onto squirl cage