Hydroboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Belgiquebasterd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inertia 392
Ran into a problem installing my Hydroboost setup on my 2003 hemi ram. I'm missing a final connector to connect the pressure line. Problem being, since I live in Belgium no one has any of these US size connectors in stock so I'll be ordering one online, could someone identify the type and size of the connector I need so that I can order the correct one? Cutting the line and putting another connector on it won't work since no one hast the tools to work on US size pipes, everything is metric over here.

As you can see I'm left with two male hose ends, so I need a double female connector to hook them up. For those not familiar with the hydroboost setup, the size of these connector is the same as the connector that goes from the power steering pump into the steering rack on a stock Hemi.

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

Edit:

I checked on the rockauto website and it gives this description: Pressure Line Assembly; 16mm Female O-Ring x 18mm Male O-Ring x 37 1/4", so I'm guessing I need a female to female 16mm female O ring connector, is this correct or do you guys call it something else?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Belgiquebasterd

Belgiquebasterd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inertia 392
if anyone it would be good ole weedahoe.

I have used his video as a guideline through my install, he cut one of the pipes and used a flare tool to hook this hose up, the needed equipment isn't available to me ( us sizes) so I think this way will be easiest for me. If I can find the correct fitting I need, no luck so far, checked summit, jegs,...

OP
OP
Belgiquebasterd

Belgiquebasterd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inertia 392
Can't find any 16mm o ring female couplers, however I think the following would work:

2 of these to go on the existing fittings

ScreenShot2012-11-09at193731.png

With one of these inbetween to connect them

ScreenShot2012-11-09at193708.png

Could someone confirm that this will work, I have no experience with all these AN type connections.

OP
OP
Belgiquebasterd

Belgiquebasterd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inertia 392
Redneck engineered a bit and made 1 hose from the 2 hoses I had.

IMG_1623.jpg

On to the next problem, my brakes stay locked. I took the truck out for a test drive and they worked really well for a couple of miles but then the brakes started to drag. The pedal was rock hard.

When I got back, I jacked up each wheel and was unable to spin them so all wheels were locked. I then disconnected the brake pedal from the hydrobooster thinking there was a problem there, and the pedal put pressure on the hydrobooster but the wheels stayed locked so the problem lays elsewhere.

I then opened one of the bleed screws on a caliper and a squirt of oil came out releasing the pressure, then the wheel turned freely again. Any thoughts on what might be the problem here?

OP
OP
Belgiquebasterd

Belgiquebasterd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Inertia 392
Nevermind, fixed, hydroboost works great! :peace:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sweet. I've been wondering what my brakes would be like if I hydroboosted my SRT-10 brakes...

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Christof. Finally have most of the parts on order. Should start putting it together in a week or so. Reading about your issues with the fittings I ordered two 3/8" double ferrule stainless couplers. This would allow me to couple the hard lines together from the hoses I remove to the new hydro boost lines if they don't fit. Should be interesting. I'll eventually install the small brake kit and this should help maintaining adequate braking for the street. Thanks for leading the way..