I could have bought a diesel...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The title says it all. I just sat and calculated almost exactly how much cash I put into my MegaPig in the last 16 months.

$27,500 cost of truck, plus taxes and fees so you figure close to $31K. And between flares, stereo, tires, 4.56 gears, CAI, Rubber Frog grille, new OEM headlights, LED tailgate bar, train horn air pressure gauge, and most recent tie rod assembly and dual shock steering stabilizers. There is more, but can't remember everything right now.

Just over $10,000.

Add that to the cost of the truck I am in it for... dare I say? $41,000 :hmm:

Coulda hada Cummins.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
Yup I know your pain. I was the same way with my old '06 I had. lmao

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I had just as much if not more in my mega and only got 23k for it.
Sold it privately
In the long run what I made on it I bought a ctd straight cash homie

pavester

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ya but you would have had a stock cummins ;) then you would have wanted to mod it and then been left with a bigger payment etc etc. thats why i havent bought a new truck, i talk about it alot but it comes down to money....istay with my truck cause im paying 260 a month...that leaves room for mod money, i could go get a 4th gen hemi or a nice 3rd gen cummins but i wouldnt have much money to mod... that and ive sunk so much money into my truck it just isnt feasible to sell....that and it being keyed/dented to hell fml haha

Ram_bo06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to mention, that doesn't include the gas bill either. I myself average about 15k a year. @ 15 mpgs and $3.75/gallon thats about $3,750 a year in gas. $300/month.:pp: It's crazy to think the amount of money that we put forth to drive a bad ass truck! The cost outweighs the lameness of driving a little ****box for sure.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
ya but you would have had a stock cummins ;) then you would have wanted to mod it and then been left with a bigger payment etc etc.

exactly...so you would have probably put about the same $10,000 into mods and be in the $51,000 range...LOL

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Unless you find one that is already modded the way you like it ...:********:

Heath

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
Agreed. Diesels are just as much fun to "beef up". Never seems to end. My Harley is the same way.

okaymatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
08'
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree that it sucks seeing you could of had a ******'s BUT the mistake a lot of people do when they buy them is they DON'T haul heavy loads, with a diesel you have to work them HARD they aren't to just drive around town. Have to run them hot and put that 10k load on them weakly or you're going to ruin the truck.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We need to start a "Modding Anonymous" group since we all seem to have that illness hehehehe. I completely transformed my truck in less than 2 months, have to slow it down a bit now!

NJDodger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I agree that it sucks seeing you could of had a ******'s BUT the mistake a lot of people do when they buy them is they DON'T haul heavy loads, with a diesel you have to work them HARD they aren't to just drive around town. Have to run them hot and put that 10k load on them weakly or you're going to ruin the truck.

LOL... Cause it'll just waste away feeling unneeded and unloved?

Sent from V-Tac Inc. Mobile Command Post.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
We need to start a "Modding Anonymous" group since we all seem to have that illness hehehehe. I completely transformed my truck in less than 2 months, have to slow it down a bit now!

yeah it's called the Mopar Mulisha
100_1247.jpg

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
There was another part of it at the bottom, it said "World Domination"

here is the art work, the guy who did it is signed up here, but haven't seen much of him Mopar Mulisha is the screen name
mm.jpg