I developed a new way to fix cylinder heads where the camshaft is eating the heads

Would you use a kit that resolves this problem without removing the heads?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram spastic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 dodge ram 1500 crew cab short box
Engine
4.7 liter V8
Hi guys
I want some feedback. Would people be interested in a system to repair cylinder heads ( in my case on a 2003 dodge ram) on a 4.7 liter engine where the camshaft has begun to eat the aluminum bearing lands in the cylinder head without the need to change the heads ? It turns out in order to tell whether you have this problem you just have to pull out the camshaft sensor, if it is covered in a silvery goo and not just normal black or brown engine gunk then it is eating the bearing lands in the head.
I had this problem and changing the heads was not an option so i developed a way to repair the bearing lands in the cylinder heads without welding or machining or hot work of any kind and some special tools that allow you to do it without taking the front of the motor apart all you have to do is take the cylinder head valve covers off the oil filler on the passenger side and the power steering pump on the drivers side and change the cams after repairing the bearing lands, saving the heads and drastically reducing the cost of servicing this issue.
What do you guys think?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If all the tolerances can still be maintained, You Sir have developed an ingenious repair tool

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk