I love free stuff :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
Well I'm at work right now working on a 06 dodge 2500 diesel and the customer wanted new headlight housings...so we put the new ones in and I get the old ones :D there a little scuffed up but I'm guna try that head light lens polish on them, also I'm going to take the lens off and paint the inside redo match my truck :) or maybe do something different!

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
That's awesome. I love getting free stuff too

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
Hella cool my new heads are sitting at home waiting on me. Install some projectors in those bad boys

OP
OP
powerhour

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
Sick man projectors are sweet, did u buy them or do it youself? What's an easy way to take the lens off?

OP
OP
powerhour

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
I got a question might be kinda dumb but here we go! I'm thinking on painting eye lids on these head lights, would painting it on the in side ofthe lens make it look funny? That way u don't have to worry about rock chips!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
definitely put projectors in them!

BEAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a question might be kinda dumb but here we go! I'm thinking on painting eye lids on these head lights, would painting it on the in side ofthe lens make it look funny? That way u don't have to worry about rock chips!

Not a dumb question at all. Seems as tho I heard of somebody else doing this a while back. I had already done mine on the outside or I would have tried it. Makes sense, I have a extra set I was thinking of painting and doing Lids color matched to my truck to see how it would look, I may try doing the lids on the inside. Sounds like a good idea to me.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Actually the truck sits high enough so rock chipping is really not an issue. I used vht lense darkening, Yes it's in a can. But it is actually strong stuff. Tape off your headlamps ( too where you like the lid) And do a soft coat, then another soft. This stuff likes too run. I used six or seven coats, My weather sucked for the past month and a half, I wanna paint too match. then clear coat. But right now I have just the vht. It's passable, but not color matched yet. Close, but not yet. I got mine at napa seems too be the cheapest, here's a pic of one side. O6 night runner btw.
015.jpg
mail7.jpg

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
^^^^That would be a free dump, not a stuff.......nevermind fail.....