Identifying sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickirenghi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, new Ram owner. Completely different than Miatas haha. Anyways my "new to me" Ram has shot sway bar bushings. Trying to identify which ones I need is difficult, I don't think it's an aftermarket bar. I've measured the bar diameter at 38.6mm. Am I measuring it incorrect? If so, where should I be measuring it?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The measurement is done at the center of the bar, but the measurement is without paint, powdercoating or road grime at the factory. It should be either 34 or 36mm, I think.

Edit: I just checked my package and they were 34mm.

OP
OP
R

Rickirenghi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I'm reading, 38.6 do you recon it's really 36 then? 8 know it's powder coated but not much road grime. Thank you for your reply.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when i did my 02 4.7 qc last summer i had to buy moogs that were not listed in rockauto as for the 3rd gen believe 2nd gen as my bar is larger than those listed. think i measured around the same as you. they fit cause they don't quite close all the way until i tightened down the bracket. this is the front bar assuming you are talking about since no rear unless aftermarket which i do have a belltech.

i measured where the bushings go not at center of bar.