If I have an alarm do I have remote access?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamc23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Gas
Okay so here's what I came to find out...
I bought a 2004 ram 1500 5.7L Hemi about 6 months ago and it did not come with a remove access unlock, so I have to use the key to unlock the door.. now
the only thing that really bothers me is that whenever I unlock the door and open it, the alarm ALWAYS goes off.. now does this mean that I have remote access unlock but the person who sold me the truck lost it, or didn't provide it? Or is it possible to have the alarm without the remote key access. From what I've read the only way to activate the alarm is with the remote access pad.

Now IF I don't necessarily have a remote access pad, then how much would it cost to get remote unlock on all doors, by the way it's a single cab so 2 doors.
Where's a good place to order this, install? etc?

Thanks in advance!

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I think the truck originally had a remote access key that looks like a key fob. Remote lock, unlock, and panic button. I had a spare key made for mine and if I unlock my truck with it my alarm goes off. If you can't get the remote key from the previous owner then I believe you can buy one and get it programmed at a dealer. I think there is a way to disable the alarm when you shut the truck off by using a Valet switch under the dash but I would be careful because there is a chance you could cause the truck to not start if you don't do it right.

OP
OP
A

Adamc23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Gas
I think the truck originally had a remote access key that looks like a key fob. Remote lock, unlock, and panic button. I had a spare key made for mine and if I unlock my truck with it my alarm goes off. If you can't get the remote key from the previous owner then I believe you can buy one and get it programmed at a dealer. I think there is a way to disable the alarm when you shut the truck off by using a Valet switch under the dash but I would be careful because there is a chance you could cause the truck to not start if you don't do it right.

Thanks a lot I'll contact a local dealer and try to get this sorted out!