I'm hitting the Jake brake on this mod spending...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered 2 more Hella 500FF's, 2 sets of 55w HID's, and some Jimmi Jammers. I've been building the mess out of my truck the whole summer and it will be coming to a halt. For now. It's been fun and really expensive, but in the long run it's been worth it!

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're right. When it comes to this, its hard to discern "want" and "need"

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I can tell big money

haha I wish. Im going back to school, so wont be working again till winter break. I might be able to pick up a few shifts, but modding will be coming to a half pretty much soon

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly! Christmas time ;). I hope I don't regret getting the hella's in a fog beam pattern...

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All behind the grill. I want a light bar, but knowin my luck I'd hit somethin and destroy my investment

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
All behind the grill. I want a light bar, but knowin my luck I'd hit somethin and destroy my investment

the thing I like about em behind the grille is they are safe from theives. I just know my luck, some schmuck is gonna either get mine, or **** them up trying to get them off

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly! But like I said, I hope I made the right choice getting 2 more fogs. I'm kinda regretting it already bc my heads and oem fogs will be close enough light so that I won't need more close up light :eek:

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I didnt even know that they make different patterns, I think my 700ff's must be spotlight pattern..hmm.

well, I think youll be alright man, cuz those hid's are gonna make the light project a ****load! so they will prob be more like headlights then fogs :naughty:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Lone Star 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered 2 more Hella 500FF's, 2 sets of 55w HID's, and some Jimmi Jammers. I've been building the mess out of my truck the whole summer and it will be coming to a halt. For now. It's been fun and really expensive, but in the long run it's been worth it!

Where did you get your HIDs from, and for about how much if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didnt even know that they make different patterns, I think my 700ff's must be spotlight pattern..hmm.

well, I think youll be alright man, cuz those hid's are gonna make the light project a ****load! so they will prob be more like headlights then fogs :naughty:

Well I hope so lol I wanna spot deer way out too

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sweet. Looking forward to the pics.

Summer = mod time. Winter = save up for mods lol ;)

I wish!

Summer = Saving for skiing seasons
Winter = Spending everything on hitting the slopes

Let me tell ya, it doesn't take much to spend a LOT of skiing.
Freaking expensive gas, hotels and lift tickets!

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I've heard from countless people now that the regular 500's are the way to go if one retrofits them. The ff's have a different reflector and the output is horrible..

OP
OP
Catchin Zs

Catchin Zs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like I'll be returning the kit that just shipped yesterday. I'll be getting the old 500's, apparently they're way better for hid's

Last edited: