Installed new control arms and still have squeek.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparSickness77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck has 88k on it and it was time to change out all the front end suspension parts. I have done outer tie rod ends, lower ball joints, sway bar end links, and just the other day I swapped out the old upper control arms and replaced them with new Moog units.

I still have a small squeak-like noise when I hit and go over some bumps and I am not sure why. I am thinking maybe my shocks could be causing the noise and they are next on my replace list (bilstein 5100 levelings)

Any ideas on what else I could check? And here are some pics of the UCAs.
Also its rusty under there :rolleyes: I need to clean it up and put something on the metal.

DSC00222.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Perhaps the wheel bearing, sway bar bushing or something else? Did you lube and grease everything?

Also

Have you tried having someone else drive it slowly over a speed bump or something and listen to see if you can pinpoint it?

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be the struts. I've had my entire front end replaced. Struts were the first to go. They were blown bad and made a terrible squeaking noise. One thing I did initially was spray various things down with silicone spray to pinpoint the squeaks.

gopackgo69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi ****
You didn't do anything to your lower control arm bushings, I bet that is your squeak. Try getting some penetrating oil in there.

zoomin0074

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just replaced my front struts and reused the original strut mounts cause the looked good still and they unfortunately now they squeak.. Take some silicone spray or wd40 and hit the rubber pieces one by one until you find the squeak.

Pushrod91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im going with the you need to lube the bushing comment mentioned above. And do the lowers as well.