Just out of curiosity MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Well ya know how to check that. And if ya are losing oil. Well i'd assume so and just fix it anyway. But that's me.

It's been using oil like a crazy ****, and NO leaks whatsoever. I keep getting told it's because of my switch from conventional to synthetic but I'm starting to think that's just a buncha ****.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Yea they told me the same thing. Come to find out. Plenum Blown. So I would say the same for you.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
This is gonna end up ******* me off, plus since school started my income has dropped more than half so at this point buying oil is cheaper than the fix. Especially since I don't plan on replacing the plenum but rather swapping manifolds :D

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Now that's not bad just remember sometimes you have to do heads too to get the full benefits. But that's what I was told. So who knows.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
maybe you shouldnt have bought those guns lol

Theres never anything wrong with buying firearms lol, yea heads would be nice too but there is no way in hell I can afford that as of now. At least not for another 4 and a half months then I start makin some change again. But i still gotta save up roughly 4-500 for the rifle scope I want :D

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Somethings definately wrong then. A 4.7L usually wont get as good gas mileage as a 5.7, if you can believe it, but you should still be getting well over 10.5.

Oh, I can believe it buddy. The wife's truck has always gotten better mileage then mine, then I threw the tires on mine and it was downhill from there. Ive done the basic maintaince to mine (plugs, clean tb, k&n, synthetic oil), and have done nothing to the 'Rango except synthetic oil, new paper filter, and clean tb, and she still gets 2-3mpg's more than me.

I get 275mi per tank, 26gallon tank= roughly 10.5 The only other thing I can think of is I haven't recallibrated my speedo yet for my tires, so I may be getting more miles per tank then what its showing.....

jmoore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hemi 4x4 Quad Cab.......

10 in town (driving like my grandmother, too!)
18 on the road at 65.

Wasn't expecting a lot in town (only have had it 3 weeks) - but I also wasn't expecting 10!!!!!! OTOH - I love that truck:)

john

PS - will try a tonneau to see if that can get the highway mileage up around 20. Don't expect it to help the lousy in-town mileage:(

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Jmoore- Have you done all the usual maintaince, like the little stuff? Good air filter (or DIY cai), new plugs (stocker coppers), cleaned the tb, etc? These guys are getting pretty decent mileage out of their rigs with not much more than proper maintaince and FULL synthetic fluids. I haven't been able to foot that coin yet on either truck, much less both, but from what Ive read, guys are picking up a mpg, maybe two, just from running synthetics in the motor, tranny, diffs, and transfercases. A $100 (tops) e-fan also adds another 1-2mpgs, plus a little power.

I need to take my own advice, especially with the Durango, but the time will come for both trucks to get the treatment they deserve....

--- Also, the only reason I stated all of this was because you've only had the truck for 3 weeks, not assuming you don't know whats going on, just throwing it out there.

--- Also, haha, are you getting your numbers from your overhead, or from calculating by hand? Dont ever go by the overhead, fyi ;)

blk05hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Oh, I can believe it buddy. The wife's truck has always gotten better mileage then mine, then I threw the tires on mine and it was downhill from there. Ive done the basic maintaince to mine (plugs, clean tb, k&n, synthetic oil), and have done nothing to the 'Rango except synthetic oil, new paper filter, and clean tb, and she still gets 2-3mpg's more than me.

I get 275mi per tank, 26gallon tank= roughly 10.5 The only other thing I can think of is I haven't recallibrated my speedo yet for my tires, so I may be getting more miles per tank then what its showing.....

omg 275 per tank.... wow i have a little more than half a tank with about 250-260 full its about 450 (Ill check this next fillup)... Hopefully when you recallibrate it will go up :)

cmns2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
p pumper
yeah dude you're speedo is way off so there fore your odo is way off so there for your mpg calculations are way off