key fob?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i havnt had the key fob for my truck since i got it, the damn dealership lost it before i bought the truck, wasnt a big deal at the time 3 1/2 years ago but im gettin sick of it. is there any fobs out there that can be programmed without having one existing one?

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so i can buy two and program them? cause i dont have an existing one

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
all the ones iv seen say they require one existing fob to work. if i dont they are calling for me to go to a dealership or locksmith. is that true or is it just a way to get the dealership $?

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AJMAG. I just looked in the service manual and found out that without at least one working Key fob you will have to have the dealer use the DRBIII to access the Vehicle Access Code(VAC) and program a new one. Now if you had a working one you can program up to 4 remotes.

Straight from the Service manual...

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
dang alright ill call the dealer thanks man

awilde20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just had the same problem, after losing my key fob 2+ years ago, I dialed the dealership to get a price for replacement & programming. Something like $80 for the fob and $45 for programming. Luckily I did a little more searching and found mine! $125 saved to spend on new headlights!