Keyless entry.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 05 and the keyless(only have 1)remote dose not work. I put new battery in it and tried to program it not would not. My question is since I only have 1 keyless remote do I have to goto a dealer and have it done? If so can any shop do it or do I have to have a Dodge dealer do it? What is a average cost to have it programed?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
If you have no functioning remote you will need to buy 1 (or 2) then go to a dealership to have them programmed.

I had the same issue with my truck, bought 2 new OEM remotes off eBay then had them programmed at the local Dodge dealership for around $50-$75. I can't remember the price exactly.

If you have 1 functioning remote you can do additional programming yourself. If not, you gotta go to the dealership.

OP
OP
Kmiller

Kmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I have one but dose not work.
Dose it have to be a Chrysler dealership?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are you near MD? If so, I have a DRBIII, I'll do it for you.

OP
OP
Kmiller

Kmiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now I wish I lived there so you could do it. I live in kitty hawk nc. Thanks for the offer though. I'm hate the thought of paying 70.00 to program it.