labour time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
if anyone wants to know how long a job should take and what the "book" calls for let me know :) i have acess to the information at my shop, the book is the maximun time the job should take and a lot of places like to charge full time, i.e. flat rate does that so they can charge out more time. but not all places do that haha and i hope any techs out there dont get mad at me :) i just dont want any one to get ripped off thats all! dont worrie Mikes got your back (no-****) oh yeah i work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off so ill only be able to do it for 2 weeks then not haha

OP
OP
powerhour

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
oh yeah ill need your year and model, i can also tell you what OEM parts cost too, all prices will be in Canadian. hope this can help some people and hopefully stop them from getting ripped off by bad shops/dealers.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Book rate makes up for all the times that a frozen bolt makes the job take longer. It all evens out in the end.

OP
OP
powerhour

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
That is a very good point! But I do know of some shop (here) that charge max time even if it takes an hour, I mean no harm with this post I'm just trying to make people who don't know aware of the book times and what they can charge up too, if my last post came across a little strong I have been up for a very very long time