Lack of Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReedyMsc08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe that my stock AC unit isn’t running correct because I can’t feel air coming out of the front vents until I turn the fan up to setting 2. At setting the highest fan setting it feels like minimal air is coming through the vents.

A co-worker has the same year and I compared my AC situation to his and the air coming from my vents is drastically lower. The unit doesn’t make any noise that would suggest a problem with it. It just seems as though air is leaking somewhere from the AC unit to the vents.

Any thoughts/experiences/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sounds like a blend door is broke or messed up. Go on line to truckutv.com scroll down look at the heat treater episode. that sound like your problem.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine also seems really weak, turn it all the way up and the air still doesnt feel that strong. Im gonna tear into mine in the next week or so because I was also having a problem with my heat. Ill let you know what I figure out...

OP
OP
R

ReedyMsc08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the feedback, keep the suggestions coming and Texasrammer let me know what you find out.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most likely blend door. Very common for them to break on the 02-05s

ram_smoke14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
have you tried changing your cab filters? they block up with all sorts of things and nobody even realizes they are there

archerr2002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine was broke too. Very little.air comming out the vents. I wire tied that door out of the way and now the AC flow will pin your ears back. I might fix the door the right way some day but the wire ties is a good quick fix.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine also seems really weak, turn it all the way up and the air still doesnt feel that strong. Im gonna tear into mine in the next week or so because I was also having a problem with my heat. Ill let you know what I figure out...

Heat? you live in texas you dont need heat.lol:birgits_tiredcoffee

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha here when it hits like 70 people are wearing hoodies and their lettermans cause they're cold

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
when im used to 100+ degree weather a lot of the year, then we get those few below freezing days.... i need my heat lol

Haha here when it hits like 70 people are wearing hoodies and their lettermans cause they're cold

imao im still in shorts and a shirt untill it hits 0*f outside.lol

to the op sorry for thread jacking. Just roll down a window.lol but really check the blend door had something similar happen to me. Just drop the blower and reach in and see if its broke, if it is pull it out 10 minute fix.

Last edited:

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haha i have to give up shorts once it hits the 30's

And I found out today my passengers side doesnt get real cold. Everyone always says its not cold and i usually just tell them to stop being a ****, because i thought it was normal until i actually felt the passengers side today. Guess i really need to tear into it, hopefully this week

archerr2002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take down the blower motor, 3 5/16 hex head screws. Pull out the glove box, open it up squeeze the sides and take it out. Reach up in the hole where the blower goes, if the door moves around it is broke. Wire tie it to the plastic grate above it. I used 12" ties, put it all back together and enjoy your AC.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
R

ReedyMsc08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the feedback, when I first got the truck and this problem started I tried the cabin air filter but there isn't such thing on my 2006.

I'll have to try wire ties to the blend doors until I have time to completely switch them out.

Again thanks for all the replies!

OP
OP
R

ReedyMsc08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally found time to look into this problem. After about 3 minutes into it I fixed it. The recir door in the upper passegner side of the dash board had broken off and was blocking the AC/H intake. I removed the recir door (didn't replace it) and completely fixed the limited air flow through the vents.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally got mine all torn apart and put back together. I think my main issue was the evaporator was blocked/clogged with a crap load of leaves and other stuff. My air flows a lot better and cooler now!