Lamp Out warning comes on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Blackride

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My right rear stop light bulbs keep going out. I replace them and they don't last a few days. The Lamp Out warning comes on. I look at the bulbs and they don't appear to be burnt out. In fact when I remove the bulb and rotate it 180 degrees and plug it back in it works again. I'm sure the problem is not the lamp fixture, because I replaced it twice with new ones and the same thing happens after a while. I notice that sometimes when I'm making a right turn and I apply the brakes with the turn signal on, the Lamp Out warning comes on and generally one of the stop light bulbs goes out. I'm wondering if I have a short in the brake light switch? Any suggestions? Thank you, Tommy.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Tail light circuit boards. They suck balls on this generation. Luckily they're not really expensive. I had a constant intermittent lamp out with no blown bulbs for a while. Replacing the circuit board did the trick.

OP
OP

03Blackride

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes, I replaced the circuit board twice already with brand new boards. It's always the right side. Also, always with the turn signal on to turn right and then I apply the brake that the Lamp Out warning gets activated and the chimes go off going crazy. I purchased a new brake light switch yesterday, so, today I will replace it to see what happens. I'll post my results when I'm done. Thank you, Tommy.

OP
OP

03Blackride

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I replaced the brake light switch. So far so good. Lets see what happens after a few days. I'll keep you posted.