A little Irritated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerBee2164

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
well i was bored on my sunday afternoon and though man my truck looks so good i love it....but then i look at my alumium bullet fuel door that looks like total ass...pitted all to hell (thanks :flipthebird: chrysler) so i go to O'Reillys got some 1000 grit sand paper black primer and Krylon Semi-Gloss Black. Drive home grab my tools and start taking the screws out, last screw that little sob i could not get out it was in such a messed up spot that screw and nut kept turning...could not get a wrench or socket to hold the nut.....so i had to put everything back together...ran out of day light....ill try again tomorrow :beatdeadhorse5:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I used needle nose to loosen it . But the SOB broke when I re-installed it.. Just a heads up....

LoadedLaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ive got an aluminum fuel door sitting im my garage right now. i could never get the paint to adhere good enough to take the salt abuse this winter so i just put back on my stock door.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That sucks man. Hope you get it worked out!

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
I agree with Reds Idea perhaps a 90% needle nose or bend a wrench in the vise or cut a wrench in half, whatever it takes Man. Good Luck, as far as the paint job you may want to try some of that adhesion promoter they rave about or some Krylon Fusion paint although made for Plastic it sticks real good and is real hard to take off (dries quick). Did the wifes PT Cruiser Gray Bumpers to White 2 years ago and other than stone chips it has not flaked or peeled, but with Aluminum who knows. Best of Luck, BTW Killerbee Trucks real nice..

OP
OP
KillerBee2164

KillerBee2164

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I agree with Reds Idea perhaps a 90% needle nose or bend a wrench in the vise or cut a wrench in half, whatever it takes Man. Good Luck, as far as the paint job you may want to try some of that adhesion promoter they rave about or some Krylon Fusion paint although made for Plastic it sticks real good and is real hard to take off (dries quick). Did the wifes PT Cruiser Gray Bumpers to White 2 years ago and other than stone chips it has not flaked or peeled, but with Aluminum who knows. Best of Luck, BTW Killerbee Trucks real nice..

Thanks...i bought some krylon fusion paint stuff is suppose to dry in 10 minutes lol so i better do a good job lol....i should just get the damn thing powder coated for $30

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Nothing wrong with having a good Plan B.....LOL.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
If its not one thing its another with your truck lol. Starting to look like the black truck is bad luck.

SMKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
or chrysler products suck balls...lol

Easy there big boy! I don't think you need to go that far! Besides there are one of two people on here that own Chrysler products that might take offense to that blanket statement!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Easy enough to fix that... sell your truck and get a Ford so we can pass by ya pointing and laughin lol. Knock on wood only issues I have had with my truck were either caused by me and just the radatior that split but that was warranty.

OP
OP
KillerBee2164

KillerBee2164

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
there is nothing to take offense to...you some times get crap parts you some times get good parts....just a messed up screw and nut that would not come off....other then that i have had no prob. with my truck.....oh besides the engine taking a crap with my valve spring broke and smoked the whole engine...due to chrysler not being on top of things...but hey that is what happens when we buy american and the motor is made in mexico

OP
OP
KillerBee2164

KillerBee2164

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Easy there big boy! I don't think you need to go that far! Besides there are one of two people on here that own Chrysler products that might take offense to that blanket statement!

yeah..i own chrysler products to and out of all the vehicles i have owned there has been some issues...but like i said before some times you get crap parts some times you dont....im still driving Chrysler products right!!! I like the Rams by far the best looking pick-up truck built IMO.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
006.jpg
What is it with rain and fuel doors!! i admit it's a bit rican. But I have more than one all show and no go items on board. one look at the stock black chrome clads will tell ya. if it's good for chrysler then it's good for me.

Hemi46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can get good parts and bad with all auto makers. unfortunately.

powerhour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 and 2019 Classic
Engine
5.9 CTD and 5.7 Hemi
i have a chrome fuel door and one day i looked at it and all but 2 screws were in it!! they others fell out! HA...oh well ill "improve" it myself haha