Looking to Buy 2007 2500 Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks pretty clean. Good luck convincing the wife!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd inspect it as you would any other used vehicle. Get the VIN and run it through a Dodge dealer service department to find what services, repairs and/or recalls have been done.

Warm it up, drive it, look for leaks. Check the body panels and gaps for alignment. Inspect for rust.

The 3rd gen trucks were good ones, the 5.9L Cummins has a very good reputation and is not burdened by all the emissions crap you see on the 6.7L powered 4th gen trucks. My 3rd gen MegaCab was pretty trouble free. It was a Hemi, though, so you'll have to find that service info to determine if that Cummins got maintained properly.

Regarding the MegaCab...I loved the extra space.

Good luck.

OP
OP
R

rob_96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
Looks pretty clean. Good luck convincing the wife!

I currently have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma double cab 4.0v6 with 360,132km on it and she is great truck but showing her age .The issue with the Tacoma is that its always loaded with tools and I am really hard on the truck ( I Build Highways ) as I am always off road .

I am a Foreman for construction company and they give me a good car allowance to use my truck.

also I dont think she will go for it :slap:

OP
OP
R

rob_96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
I'd inspect it as you would any other used vehicle. Get the VIN and run it through a Dodge dealer service department to find what services, repairs and/or recalls have been done.

Warm it up, drive it, look for leaks. Check the body panels and gaps for alignment. Inspect for rust.

The 3rd gen trucks were good ones, the 5.9L Cummins has a very good reputation and is not burdened by all the emissions crap you see on the 6.7L powered 4th gen trucks. My 3rd gen MegaCab was pretty trouble free. It was a Hemi, though, so you'll have to find that service info to determine if that Cummins got maintained properly.

Regarding the MegaCab...I loved the extra space.

Good luck.

Thanks I will have to get the records for sure... I want to see what transmission is in there as from my research they are problematic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45