Looking at buying used..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
future owner
Engine
hemi
Hello all!
I am thinking of buying a Ram 1500 with a hemi and I was wondering what issues are common with this gen?

My boss said do not get a dodge because of the transmission will fail because of Chrysler. I never heard of Rams eating transmissions. I mean possible yes, but I didn't see any issues with them.

Any years that are better? I will be doing light towing and light off roading.

Any advice is welcomed and general discussion...great... and go!

Mike

Ceace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, this is my first dodge, 2010 crew cab. I never listen to what others say about a vehicle. Buying used really involved you doing your homework and knowing what to look for. I've been told Ford is bad, but I have had my 2006 Ford Fusion for 8 years and have not had any mechanical problems with 210,000 on her. I have not had any trouble out of my Ram as of yet. Only issue you hear a lot of is the "Hemi tick" that is a nuisance to most. Besides that, I love my truck. I say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Trannys are fine for 3rd gen and up.
Good solid trucks overall with inherent issues just like every other truck manufacturer out there.

hemihank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If someone beat the tar out of it, sure, the tranny could fail, but it would on any other vehicle as well. Solid trucks with solid drivetrains.