Mega Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking at purchasing a 2006 1500 RAM Mega Cab and wanted to see what people think of parking it in parking lots and parking garages. Is there room and any issues??

Thanks

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock height it should be fine. Depending on the height restriction at the parking garage

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd imagine they're not too much fun to maneuver around small parking lots.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd imagine they're not too much fun to maneuver around small parking lots.

AbsoFreakinLutely correct.

Parking garages were a real sphincter contracting exercise.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had a 2007, I found it was easier to back into spots and such. I had it leveled and didn't have any issues with parking garages... cause I never used them! haha

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Small parking lots can be challenging (take up two spots). Most times I back into spots and the backend extends over curb but I can fit with no issues. Haven't tried parking garage but the last time I parked most of the truck in our garage (won't fit all the way) to work on some things, my wife chuckled and said "Your truck looks like Clifford the Big Red Dog. He doesn't know he's too big for his house."

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Parking garages, drive-thrus, strip malls, they're all Hellish. I'll usually just park on the street and walk.

This is the best advice right here. Or back in like others have said. I tried a parking garage in sf (wife's birthday trip) one time and it was the most tedious thing I've ever done. Never again. Just make life easier and park on the curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As far as height goes, I know my levelled crew cab with 275-65's won't fit in one of the area hospitals parking garages. Found that out the hard way. Stock you should fit, though it'll look pretty tight. Go any higher and all bets are off.

thor363

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
*edit* when did they stop offering the MegaCab in the 1500 line?

Jamesq87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am looking at purchasing a 2006 1500 RAM Mega Cab and wanted to see what people think of parking it in parking lots and parking garages. Is there room and any issues??

Thanks

Turning radius sucks, but
It can be parked in some tight spots with the right maneuvering.

Edit: just realized this post was super old.....

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
2006 Ram 1500 SLT Megacab
5.7/auto/4wd
2" lift,33's,minor exhaust tweak. (For now)

Last edited:

HemipoweredMega

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm from a small town in rural Iowa so parking usually isn't an issue for me. It can be challenging in some parking lots but the truck is huge so you gotta expect it a little. As far as parking ramps, I avoid them, mainly because I've never checked my height and I don't want to find out the hard way. Overall I love my mega cab. With a four year old and a one year old theres plenty of room for all our gear plus we won't get stuck in the snow and don't have to take the minivan lol.