Mileage on your 3rd Gen.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A truck isn't considered 'high mileage' until it has 140k+ miles. My dads 2000 Ford Explorer got traded in at 160k. Only problem we ever had was the air conditioning and fuel pump. My grandpa traded his 2000 Yukon Denali in at 170k. now that was a different story. (had a rebuilt tranny and rebuilt engine.) We sold my dads 95' Grand Cherokee with 210k on it for 500$. That was his favorite vehicle ever owned. I hate it so much when people get rid of their cars before 100k miles. My 4th gen has 25k miles on it and im the second owner. Expecting to keep it for about 10 years.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 srt10 ram, 2003 4.7 4x4 quad cab ram
Engine
Viper 8.3 supercharged, stock 4.7
The 03 4.7 has 66,000 the 05 8.3 has 22,000

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've actually had it less than a year. However, I do work from home and don't drive much.

Awesome.
That works bro! Should last you a long time that way. :favorites13:

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little over 72k on mine and the only major issue was the dreaded EVAP code, years ago.
Got it all covered under warranty and didn't have to pay a penny, not even the deductible. New gas tank, new fuel pump, gaskets and O-ring and all other parts, including labor all free. :)

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
'03 1500 4.7 4X4 SLT. 136'477km:naughty:. No trouble besides a tick in the engine. And very little rust for Canada!!

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome. Thanks for the posts everyone. :favorites13:

I'm kinda in a crossroads.
I have a 2005 Ram Daytona 4X4 single cab/short bed which I love. The truck is amazing and goes really well still. I just put $1,500 into it, half because it needed it and the other half of repairs for preventive maintenance. Only 72k on the clock and interior and body are in great shape, except for some rust on the bottom of the tailgate and some rust on the rear bumper.
I am debating trading it in on a 2015 SRT 8 Jeep in early 2015. But, I got to thinking with your posts here. Seems like these trucks can last a long time. I only drive 16 miles a day both ways to work, so I don't put much mileage on. I was thinking the Jeep is too nice to be beating on in the winter, but if it were my daily driver, I would. lol
I've been throwing around the idea of keeping the truck for the winter months, take it off the road during the late spring/summer/fall and possibly buying a 2015 Hellcat Charger as my daily driver, and take that off the road during the winter months. I also have a 2013 Roush Stage 3 that I am still paying off, but I have it paid off until January 2016. The HC Charger is a lot less than the Jeep and then I could have a kick ass truck, a kick ass 4 door sedan and my Roush Stage 3.
Anyways, sorry for the long post, but what would you guys/gals do if you have that option? Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Slowbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got an 08 4x4 hemi QCSB that just rolled into the 45,000 mile range. She's been flawless although I have a recurring problem where the truck doesn't like to start when it gets cold (lets say, lower than 20 degrees F).

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got an 08 4x4 hemi QCSB that just rolled into the 45,000 mile range. She's been flawless although I have a recurring problem where the truck doesn't like to start when it gets cold (lets say, lower than 20 degrees F).

Is it the original battery? It could be that.
Good luck.

Slowbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it the original battery? It could be that.
Good luck.

Nah, I replaced the battery last winter. The plugs are new as well, and it doesn't throw any codes. I can rule out bad gas because it ran like a top for a half tank and then one particularly cold morning it started rough. The really crazy thing is that if you start the truck, shut it off and restart it it will operate normally. I'm thinking maybe a MAP or IAT sensor, possibly the EGR valve too. I might chuck 100 bucks worth of new sensors in it and see what happens.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah, I replaced the battery last winter. The plugs are new as well, and it doesn't throw any codes. I can rule out bad gas because it ran like a top for a half tank and then one particularly cold morning it started rough. The really crazy thing is that if you start the truck, shut it off and restart it it will operate normally. I'm thinking maybe a MAP or IAT sensor, possibly the EGR valve too. I might chuck 100 bucks worth of new sensors in it and see what happens.:rolleyes:

Good idea.
Good luck!

Nick13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
280,000+ and still going. Second motor, original trans and rear.

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Awesome. Thanks for the posts everyone. :favorites13:

I'm kinda in a crossroads.
I have a 2005 Ram Daytona 4X4 single cab/short bed which I love. The truck is amazing and goes really well still. I just put $1,500 into it, half because it needed it and the other half of repairs for preventive maintenance. Only 72k on the clock and interior and body are in great shape, except for some rust on the bottom of the tailgate and some rust on the rear bumper.
I am debating trading it in on a 2015 SRT 8 Jeep in early 2015. But, I got to thinking with your posts here. Seems like these trucks can last a long time. I only drive 16 miles a day both ways to work, so I don't put much mileage on. I was thinking the Jeep is too nice to be beating on in the winter, but if it were my daily driver, I would. lol
I've been throwing around the idea of keeping the truck for the winter months, take it off the road during the late spring/summer/fall and possibly buying a 2015 Hellcat Charger as my daily driver, and take that off the road during the winter months. I also have a 2013 Roush Stage 3 that I am still paying off, but I have it paid off until January 2016. The HC Charger is a lot less than the Jeep and then I could have a kick ass truck, a kick ass 4 door sedan and my Roush Stage 3.
Anyways, sorry for the long post, but what would you guys/gals do if you have that option? Thanks! :)

I'd keep the truck. 4x4, low miles, no payment, a little rust so you won't feel bad about driving it in the winter. Pick ups are handy for hauling just about anything clean or dirty. If you have to put some money into repairs its still less than a payment on a new vehicle. Plus...this is Ram Forum so what do you expect us to say.:D

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd keep the truck. 4x4, low miles, no payment, a little rust so you won't feel bad about driving it in the winter. Pick ups are handy for hauling just about anything clean or dirty. If you have to put some money into repairs its still less than a payment on a new vehicle. Plus...this is Ram Forum so what do you expect us to say.:D

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
True. That's exactly what I was thinking. The truck runs like a top and would be great for winter driving as it has in the past. :favorites13:
Plus, I have a friend in the automotive repair department if I need any help/work done. :favorites13:

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would be beyond PISSED OFF if my srt jeep was starting to rust. On that note did this earlier today :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 142

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye