Monster Mile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannyboy3141

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Ram 1500 SLT Monster Mile
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Figured I'd register on here because of some news I just got. Not that he's thinking of kicking the bucket soon, but my grandfather just told me I'm getting his truck in his will. It is a 2006 Ram 1500 SLT Monster Mile. Dover Raceway edition. Has a 5.7 Hemi and approximately 67,000 miles on it. My question is what can you all tell me about this specific truck? I presently drive a Ford and don't know a lot about Dodges, but what does the SLT package entail and what are all the details I need to know about the Monster Mile?

My other question is, knowing what kind of ram it is, what would you all do to it? What's the first thing you would do. I was thinking of performance exhaust to start, but I want as much info as I can get. Let the suggestions roll in.

OP
OP
D

dannyboy3141

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it's nice to see that people on here are quick to offer suggestions... I guess I'll try another website

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it's nice to see that people on here are quick to offer suggestions... I guess I'll try another website

These kind of posts get old.

If someone reads your thread and has information for you, they will post it. If no one has posted anything, then obviously no one with any relevant information has seen it.

I've never heard of a Monster Mile. I have no information for you. That would be why I didn't post anything.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To answer your question, it's probably nothing differnt than a slt. Just another trim to offer to people like SLT, big horn, lone star, laramie, daytona, rumble bee, sport etc.. At the end of the day there all pretty much Slt's. All have the same 345hp hemi an the trusty 545 trans

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
In my research, it's just an SLT with a trendy hulk decal and some snazzy leather. There's numerous thing to start with... exhaust is one, tuner, CAI, hang around here long enough you'll be on your way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dannyboy3141

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it is good to know that there is nothing special about the Monster Mile, just the SLT package and a few cosmetic details. I am just starting to learn about these things. I am not overly knowledgeable about vehicles, so I am looking for all the information I can get. It's assholes like justin13703 that tend to discourage me from switching to a Dodge. The folks over at The Ranger Station are a lot friendlier, more knowledgeable, and more ready to offer information than justin13703. It seems help is not lacking in the Ford arena. I hope not all Dodge owners are like justin13703. I wouldn't want to be labeled as one of them. By the way, Justin, if that's all you were going to post, just shut up and get off my post. I asked for information, not smart ass retorts. Thank you to the other people who said something helpful

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Justin, I think you might have hit a nerve lol

But yea I saw one of these monster mile Rams around my town and it's just a decal and some badging and embroidery like said above. Makes it a lil unique.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I didn't think Justin was being a hole of ass...I'm willing to put money on it that you don't turn your grandfather's truck down because somebody online hurt your feelings. Good luck with the truck when you get it though. As for performance if it were me I'd pull the hemi and put a Cummins in. That's just me though...

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it is good to know that there is nothing special about the Monster Mile, just the SLT package and a few cosmetic details. I am just starting to learn about these things. I am not overly knowledgeable about vehicles, so I am looking for all the information I can get. It's assholes like justin13703 that tend to discourage me from switching to a Dodge. The folks over at The Ranger Station are a lot friendlier, more knowledgeable, and more ready to offer information than justin13703. It seems help is not lacking in the Ford arena. I hope not all Dodge owners are like justin13703. I wouldn't want to be labeled as one of them. By the way, Justin, if that's all you were going to post, just shut up and get off my post. I asked for information, not smart ass retorts. Thank you to the other people who said something helpful

Dannyboy, don't make me give you the Hemipig treatment. It's too bad you weren't around to see that one.

And no, I wasn't even close to being an *******. There was nothing wrong with what I posted. I simply explained to you the reason why no one had replied yet. And the only reason I did that is because there are good people on this site with lots of information they're willing to share, and you came in here with 1 post calling everyone unhelpful. Don't be so damn easily offended. I know it's the cool thing to do these days, but try to resist the urge.

Anyway, it's strange that the decal comes from the factory. I've seen a few running around town and always thought it was something that someone had added later on. I used my Google research degree and see that they stopped putting that decal on after 08.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963