more repairs....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well i have had such bad luck with my 03 ram 1500 Hemi.. i wont go on about it as some of you might have read my threads from couple months ago.. but now only having the truck a few months my battery went dead, sway bar links are bad, tie rods need to be changed, told my ignition switch is going out, going to need a alignment after tie rod fix, one window wont go up , another fell off the track this winter already.. This truck just keeps showing up with problems and it is quite frustrating. im on a low budget, and cant afford to keep dumping money into this thing. Just hoping nothing worse pops up. Any advice what else could be showing up? its a 03 with 151k miles. WInter must bring out the worst, been dealing with -25 to 0 degree days recently poor truck sounds weak when you try to start it.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ow if it was new I would go the lemon law route, but seeing as how old it is this is typical even with proper maintenance. But we do so love our trucks don't we.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I want to drive it off a cliff somedays but I still like it and am not giving up on it yet. Just hard to keep up with all these repairs as I'm not rich . But on the positive side it's got a Hemi so it's worth it :) haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
You are having some tough luck with the old girl. I would prioritize the repairs that are needed and budget for what needs to be done first. I wouldn't skip on doing the maintenance while doing the repairs. Take it a step at a time. Good luck....

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah for sure the tie rods first was told can be bad if they break while driving. Just hoping nothing else shows up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk