My Death Wobble Saga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueLineFish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So here has been my struggle. I own a 2005 Ram 2500hd Quad Cab long bed hemi. About 10,000 miles ago I started getting the dreaded death wobble. Truck had about 63000 miles. OK Its a HD and I used it for construction and worked it hard for a few years. Now it is my daily driver and I figured I would sweeten it up while trying to correct the DW. Mods so far:
6" Bds Lift
35" Pro Comp Extreme T/A tires
BDS dual steering stabilizer
17" KMC hoss wheels
DT pro fab HD trac bar

That was the first round with no successful DW remedy. This round
New front greasable spicer u joints
upgraded HD t-linkage from later model dodge ram
new wheel bearings
fresh alignment

Still no luck..looks like my ball joints are bad and I am pissed that my shop didnt check while everything was off. Now I will be ordering dynatrac's pro-steer ball joint kit and then my front end is new. Hopefully DW will be gone.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Man atleast it sounds like your getting to the bottom of it.

OP
OP
BlueLineFish

BlueLineFish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Spending a fortune doing it. At lease now everything is either rebuild-able or has external greasable fittings for longevity. Front end should be bulletproof after the dynatracs are installed. Then I can get to the fun stuff

AlljackedupRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder which one is better. The Profab def looks cooler. I am going to get one of these bad boys! Sorry.. not trying to derail thread here!!

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
DT one looks flimsier to me. Don't know without trying each one individually though.

OP
OP
BlueLineFish

BlueLineFish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Peoplel have stated that the bd is flimsier than the DT. I guess until someone who has had both tell us we will just wait and see. I have the DT tarck bar setup and I can tell you that is one of the beefiest parts on my truck. That think is huge and heavy duty for sure.

98sporttj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L
checked tie rod ends? or steering box itself... something in the ft end is moving... loose or worn out... i had some dw on my tj wrangler... forgot to tighten a bolt on a 4 link arm after lift...just a thought

OP
OP
BlueLineFish

BlueLineFish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everything on the front end is new besides ball joints and steering box. Ball joints are coming in this week.