My Schleprock moment..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
So saturday I we to the garage to do some fluid changes, front and rear diff, trans and transfer case, and check brakes.. Well all the fluid and filter changes went fine and so i jacked the front up pulled the wheels checked the brakes then went to the rear and checked them.. All brakes good.. I get in the truck start it and put it in drive........ IT DONT MOVE!! I think what the hell I know I got everything together right and everything went back in as I had no left over bolts or parts.. So since im kinda new to Dodge I will call USMC1188 (Scott), I call him and hes thinking that since I changed the line filter that it might need to build pressure, but told me to call SchroderMP (Braydon) and ask him.. So I called him and he wasnt quite sure either dold me to leave it in drive to build pressure and he would get online to see if he could find anything out.. So I put it in drive set the e-brake and get out and walk around the truck...

DOOOOOOOH I forgot to lower the jack on the rear passenger side (the drive tire) walk back arount the truck put it in park, lower the jack, get back in the truck release the e-brake and put it in drive and........
Drove right out of the garage with no problem.. WOW did I ever feel dumb!!! then I had to call those 2 back and tell them what I did... Oh well.. at least I can laugh at myself along will all of you who read this!

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hahahaha that sounds like something I would do! Blond moment!

Redneck Ryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I honestly thought that was the problem half way through your story, only because I've seen it done before Lol. Glad it was that simple.

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haha that's funny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I honestly thought that was the problem half way through your story, only because I've seen it done before Lol. Glad it was that simple.

I thought the same thing. If this happened to me, I dont think I wouldve posted about it lol :Wedgie:

OP
OP
huntram03

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Im glad yall are enjoying it cause im still laughing about it!! I posted it cause everyone needs a good laugh every now and then and this was definatly imo a good laugh.. I too am glad it was an easy fix cause all the fluids and stuff that I bought for her Jeep was expensive enough didnt really wnat to have to buy a new trans or something like that..

MADDOG sticky it buddy this could be the offical funny screw up thread.. just a thought..

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So glad to see that I'm not the only one that has a Homer D'OH experience! Laughin' with ya, not at ya!

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now if I could just find that tool I put in that place so I would always know where it was...

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
it happens to the best of us. I was taking apart my sebring trying to fix her up to sell, i forgot to put the vacuum line back in. got to the end of the drive way and thought, oh hell! i dont have brakes! LOL.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Kinda like doing a tune up on an old car. I'd put new points in, or the few i had with electronic ignition new cap and rotor. Put everything back together, no fire.....wtf? Few more tries, start troubleshooting....ah yes, there's the rotor up on the firewall....:Stupid Me: