Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > General Discussions

General Discussions

Need a Crash Course in 07 1500 ram

This is a discussion on Need a Crash Course in 07 1500 ram within the General Discussions forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
All good suggestions guys, That is exactly what I was thinking also for the non start. I was even thinking ...

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: Hemi 5.7
All good suggestions guys, That is exactly what I was thinking also for the non start. I was even thinking somebody might have sabotaged it from starting by pulling a fuse to try to keep the bid down.

As far as the suspension goes, I know I need a LCA in addition to a UCA because both of the legs on the LCA have snapped. I am also thinking the strut, tie rod ends and sway bar endlinks may have been tweaked or stressed. With that said, the reason I keep asking for parts suggestions is since I know I will need at least the LCA and UCA and my other bits are probably stressed, then I am thinking you guys might know of a complete suspension kit out there where I can just replace all the bits on both sides and come out with a better than stock setup instead of wasting money on replacing stock components now only to replace it all in the future later. get it? know of any good complete kits out there?

I will have more pics and details tomorrow. I will be picking her up and dragging her home to the jersey shore.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
Hardcore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7 Eco Gasser
If you wanna do it the first time then I would just level it. I'm going to run this kit here soon even though I should have originally.
http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad-...ft-kit-ram/d48

For your lowers, sway bar links and tie rids I would stay OEM since there's really nothing aftermarket that I've found.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:45 AM   #13 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: Power tech 3.7L
Well if it took a hit right there I would imagine the knuckle might be compromised I would suggest just getting a lift to include that and rebuild the front. Not just the control arms. If anything it'll give you peace of mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAI
Lil_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Lil_Ram View Post
Well if it took a hit right there I would imagine the knuckle might be compromised I would suggest just getting a lift to include that and rebuild the front. Not just the control arms. If anything it'll give you peace of mind
Good info! what do you mean by knuckle? What would be the spindle assembly in 2wd? I took a good look at the assembly in-between the UCA and LCA and I cannot see any damage but that does mean it was not stressed to I am inclined to replace it also like you said. Is there an aftermarket source? I was thinking it probably was a dealer only item.

I was also thinking it would be nice if I can find a wrecked 07 with a good front end and pull all the parts I need off it in one shot? Anyone have a lead on someone parting out one of these things? Maybe with a little bit of luck close to NJ?
Old 10-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2003
Engine: Power tech 3.7L
Originally Posted by Hardcore1 View Post
Good info! what do you mean by knuckle? What would be the spindle assembly in 2wd? I took a good look at the assembly in-between the UCA and LCA and I cannot see any damage but that does mean it was not stressed to I am inclined to replace it also like you said. Is there an aftermarket source? I was thinking it probably was a dealer only item.

I was also thinking it would be nice if I can find a wrecked 07 with a good front end and pull all the parts I need off it in one shot? Anyone have a lead on someone parting out one of these things? Maybe with a little bit of luck close to NJ?

Yes a spindle but it's the same as a 4x4 and if you get a lift kit they typically come with some that extend the neck of it lowering the hub. However you could make sure that it does come with it. I know that RCX comes with them I'm not sure about other brands since I have a 2WD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAI
Lil_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2001 ram 3500
Engine: V10
why don't you look for a flood damaged parts truck from Texas, or Louisiana, or East coast?
Rustycowl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Rustycowl69 View Post
why don't you look for a flood damaged parts truck from Texas, or Louisiana, or East coast?
Not a bad idea. I have been if I could find one patriot blue where I did not have to paint the parts I would go that route in a heartbeat. Know of any?

Lil Ram,I will research "RCX"

Also Can anyone recommend a winch bumper under 1K? I don't need anything fancy, just something that will bolt to the frame brackets as shown in the pictures and carry a winch. Maybe a used stock one from a power wagon? It seems like anything aftermarket I found that could carry a winch is ridiculous $$$. Whats up with that?!?
Old 10-28-2016, 07:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Not a bad idea. I have been if I could find one patriot blue where I did not have to paint the parts I would go that route in a heartbeat. Know of any?

Lil Ram,I will research "RCX"

Also Can anyone recommend a winch bumper under 1K? I don't need anything fancy, just something that will bolt to the frame brackets as shown in the pictures and carry a winch. Maybe a used stock one from a power wagon? It seems like anything aftermarket I found that could carry a winch is ridiculous $$$. Whats up with that?!?
All you need is winch mount, you could run the Warn Tran4mer, it's a nice set up and has options. Good luck finding and OEM Powerwagon winch, I can't even find a truck with it still in the bumper.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:37 AM   #19 (permalink)

Originally Posted by SilverStreak88 View Post
All you need is winch mount, you could run the Warn Tran4mer, it's a nice set up and has options. Good luck finding and OEM Powerwagon winch, I can't even find a truck with it still in the bumper.

Neat product. I checked it out. Not quite what I am looking for since it works with the stock bumper. Since I have no existing bumper, nor any of the reinforcements brackets or even hardware, I am looking for something that replaces the stock bumper in its entity with a bumper that can hold a winch and is just simple black steel. Kind of like an ARB Bull Bar or this but a little less bulbous in the front and for an 07:

2013-2015 Ram 1500 KO Off Road Front Bumper Heavy Duty Replacement Winch Ready | eBay

Everything I have seen for an 07 seems like excessively big $$$ for a simple steel winch bumper.

ps. The bumper off the power wagon without the winch would work if someone upgraded. I dont really need the winch yet. Just a bumper that will accept one down the road since I will have to replace everything anyway.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

Neat product. I checked it out. Not quite what I am looking for since it works with the stock bumper. Since I have no existing bumper, nor any of the reinforcements brackets or even hardware, I am looking for something that replaces the stock bumper in its entity with a bumper that can hold a winch and is just simple black steel. Kind of like an ARB Bull Bar or this but a little less bulbous in the front and for an 07:

2013-2015 Ram 1500 KO Off Road Front Bumper Heavy Duty Replacement Winch Ready | eBay

Everything I have seen for an 07 seems like excessively big $$$ for a simple steel winch bumper.

ps. The bumper off the power wagon without the winch would work if someone upgraded. I dont really need the winch yet. Just a bumper that will accept one down the road since I will have to replace everything anyway.
I thought about that after I wrote and never edited, that bumper you linked is for 4th gen trucks. Unless you just wanna use it for looks I would be weary of the cheaper bumpers.