need a diy, or tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
on a flush and coolant change in a 04 hemi. seems simple enough, Drain flush and refill, But how many and were the drains are? and how to purge the air. thanks

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
on a flush and coolant change in a 04 hemi. seems simple enough, Drain flush and refill, But how many and were the drains are? and how to purge the air. thanks

lowest petcock usually found on radiator bottom l/s. No need to purge air. when filling ;air natually goes to the top of radiator. If any gets trapped while filling ;the water pump will allow air to make it too the radiator after warm up. that air will flow into the excess resevoir. Done deal.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
A flush btw is a macchine that actually does the same thing, but without the mess. I never had a coolant system flushed, I change out mine every two years. If never changed I would consider a flush however.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
I just flushed with a garden hose. Simply take the lower rad hose off and pinch off the line going to the de-gas bottle. (that may be 2003 specific but you will figure it out) Take out the thermostat along with the upper rad hose and turn on your hose. Let it just flush through for a while then go ahead and fire up your truck and turn the heater right up so you flush out the **** in the heater core as well. It worked great for me.