Need help... lots of questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Maybe a little response, should be a bit smoother and you may (or may not) notice a little bit better mileage if you can keep your foot out of it...

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha I can't keep my foot off that pedal... I have a bad feeling my tranny is next on the to do list..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Always good to see a 03 get some love. Just for your notes, a lot of folks use NGK 4306 plug which is one heat range colder than the stock plug NGK 5306. Champion copper clads are also highly recommended. The factory gap is .045. It is very common for the power steering hose to leak. The fix is to put a hose clamp on the hose. Did you check your oil level when you had it changed. Many shops don't know you need 7 qts and will short the refill. With that said keep a eye on it and check it at refills. Good luck...

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! Also how hard is a bumper to replace ? Mine is pretty pushed in and I saw some on eBay for 180$ and no hardware with it.. So was wondering if it's a simple bolt off and on project?

Also how difficult is a fix for a shock, ball joint, all that front suspension stuff ?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Thanks! Also how hard is a bumper to replace ? Mine is pretty pushed in and I saw some on eBay for 180$ and no hardware with it.. So was wondering if it's a simple bolt off and on project?

Also how difficult is a fix for a shock, ball joint, all that front suspension stuff ?

Removing the bumper is a 2 person job. Plus get a can of penetrating oil and spray the nuts and bolts with it prior to removal. If the mounts are bent then you might need to get new ones. Depending on how far they are bent. If they are not bent too far, you might be able to coax them into matching the new bumper.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah cause it's hard to explain but the the part of the bumper where the cover sits into is pushed in pretty good... Where the bumper cover screw in to that plastic in the wheels wells is broke up. Just more to do on this money pit.

OP
OP
Tolson93

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396720787.819209.jpg if that helps for my bumper issue.