Need Help to Put Value on 2007 Megacab Without Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian5271

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello All - I have a Megacab that is in need of a new engine and I am trying to decide if it is worth fixing or if I should sell as is and buy a new truck. I dropped a valve seat and pretty much destroyed the engine. It is still in the truck and all together.

What I am trying to figure out is what the truck might be worth as is. Here are the details of the truck.

2007 Dodge Megacab 1500 SLT
5.7 Hemi
4x4
140k Miles
4.10 Gears
70% Tread on tires
Aluminum factory rims
Trailer tow package (Including fold out mirrors)
1" Leveling kit on front end
All new steering linkage
New front shocks and steering stabilizer
New front wheel bearings
New alternator
Body is in decent shape - only minor dings and scratches but it does need a rear bumper
Interior in decent shape
Spray on bed liner
Shell (matched paint)
Custom carpet kit for bed

So what do you all think it would be worth as is? Any help would be great. Thanks!

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Well you look at Kelly blue book and NADA and take away what it would cost for a new motor then you will have a idea what its worth.But also take in mind it is cheaper to replace a motor than buy a new truck but that is your decision ?

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll say somewhere around 5k. Running your truck would prob go for around 10-12k in my area, you can pick up a motor usually for around 1500-2k from what I’ve seen. Hard to sell something An not basically be giving it away when it’s got a bad heart

There was a rcsb like mine about a yr ago with a blown 5.7 but 4x4 for like 2k. It was in great shape too. I should of scooped it up an done a swap, but I need a damn 4 dr

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Around my way you could get anywhere from 2k-3500$. You would probably make more parting it out. Good luck bud.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
Also if you decide to keep it I would put a Jasper rebuilt engine it and run it until the wheels fell off.You can make payments on a new engine easier than buying a new truck and having it financed to the hilt.

Last edited:

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Also if you decide to keep it I would put a Jasper rebuilt engine it and run it until the wheels fell off.You can make payments on a new engine easier than buying a new truck and having it financed to the hilt.

good advice
brianj