Need help quick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am leaking orange fluid (coolant right) out of what I would think the main front seal? I have a small puddle in my drive way, truck has been acting kinda weird but nothing to complain about, Semi loss of power here and there. I have noticed the fluid around that area for a while now, Just never thought anything of it.

Is this a serious deal or just something that need to be tightened?

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sounds like antifreeze. From where would tell u if it's serious. If its a cap on the block ur in trouble. If its just a hose or a water pump or radiator then ur good, easy fix. If its acting weird then it's prob the wp. Is it getting hot or over heating at all?

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
not around a freeze out plug is it he coverd all the basics ^^^

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So it's leaking out of the actual block? Or out from under the intake?

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
May be your front cover leaking, the cover behind your waterpump that covers your timing chain....Not hard to do if that's what it is but just a real PITA to get everything out of the way to get it off

OP
OP
Oefootball_70

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks to be coming from the crankshaft pulley area. But it doesn't overheat, I just drove it 20-25 minutes into downtown and it was fine. Stayed bellow half way. It didn't even act up this time....

Idk, maybe I am over reacting, but it seems coolant always means blown motor.

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If its dripping from the crank it's ur water pump. It's right over the crank. Unless its oil then it's ur main bearing. :-/

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
It sounds like it's doing the same thing mine was recently when my water pump went out. See if there is any coolant on or around the pulley where the cooling fan attaches to the engine. If you hear a growling kind of sound, that could be the water pump bearing going. If it is just leaking and you see a puddle but don't really notice the level of your coolant going down in the reservoir you have a little time to get it taken care of.

Replacing it isn't a bad job if that's what it is. The hardest part is getting the fan off of the water pump.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
hope its nothing serious

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Thinking water pump also, seems to be a rash of those as of late.