Need new control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfhound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I took my truck in to get a leveling kit installed and they couldn't do it because the lower control arms were too rusty. Apparently I need new bushings but they don't sell them? Not sure. Anyone know about this? Is there any where to buy the lower arm other than from Dodge? Thanks for the help guys.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I took my truck in to get a leveling kit installed and they couldn't do it because the lower control arms were too rusty. Apparently I need new bushings but they don't sell them? Not sure. Anyone know about this? Is there any where to buy the lower arm other than from Dodge? Thanks for the help guys.

http://www.ramforum.com/f47/06-08_1500_4x4_bilstein_install_no_pics_just_story_info-42795/

Read through my sticky thread. All of it. I know exactly what you're going through.

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

Yes. You can get them from advance auto parts. I just did my uppers and lower ballpoints and asked about the lower just to see if they had it. I think it was around $230 or so.

OP
OP
W

Wolfhound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. You can get them from advance auto parts. I just did my uppers and lower ballpoints and asked about the lower just to see if they had it. I think it was around $230 or so.

For both I'm hoping?

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm not 100% sure as I didn't need them. But I'll call them tomorrow and see

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looks like that's it. Took me a minute because the pic is upside down.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Moog makes a whole lower control arm with balljoint pressed in. As far as lower control arm bushings im not sure if you need to buy them separate..but moog makes them as well. If you are to replace any suspension parts id suggest sticking with moog parts

My Price list:
Moog upper control arms $80 each
Moog lower balljoints $40 each
Moog lower control bushings $40 for each set (2 each side)
I think advanced auto sells moog lower control arms for only $130 each

Edit: I have a 1500 2wd. Some of the prices may be the same some may be different but thats a general idea of what you're looking at

Last edited:

HemiSport07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If there talking about the lower strut bushing that's in the control arm you can buy them at advance just did this on a buddy's truck who was installing my old lift struts there a pain to change but cost around 60$ for both and well worth it over buying a new control arm

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Just replaced one bushing this weekend. Just heat the old one up with a torch and either hit it out with a air chisel or a hammer and punch. may require heat to remove the meal ring around the rubber bushing.

Nwdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2014
Engine
Shouldn't this be in the wtb section

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963