need suspension ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i deciding im going to redo my entire front end ie... tie rod, and uper and lower ball joints... since i started hearing some poping when i turn. i believe its from my off roading days and the coil spacer. so im going to redo that and decided i might as well do the suspension at the same time.

heres what i got planned: gonna take off the spacers first and get 2inch drop shackles and take out the over load spring in the rear to level it out.
gonna go with Bilsteins on all 4 corners, and in the rear go with a Hellwig Sway bar.

whatchu guys think? any input would be great!

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Replace the inner tie rod ends as well. Most people forget about them.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That sounds like a good plan. I agree with the inner tire rod ends being replaced as well. Let me know how the rear Hellwig sway bar works for you.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
no so sure on the inners yet. dont wanna go through the trouble if i dont have to. gonna have one of my buddies take a look at all the components soon so i know what all i need.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do this test and replace them while you are at it. Guarantee you they need replacing.

[yt]5MkaagWF8ws[/yt]

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do this test and replace them while you are at it. Guarantee you they need replacing.
thanks for the info! ill check it out.

That sounds like a good plan. I agree with the inner tire rod ends being replaced as well. Let me know how the rear Hellwig sway bar works for you.

what sucks is im gonna be redoing it all at the same time so i probably wont be able to tell too much just about the sway bar. we will see.

blk05hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yay front end work! Been doing plenty of that lately yours cant be worse than these wore out chevys!

Air Hammmerrrr!! :superhack:

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok, I was just gonna add, might be a good idea to switch some of those bushings to poly ones. I did and loved them. Especially for the sway bars.

Tapatalk'in

probably a good idea. ill take a look at that. might as well since im redoing it all

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Sounds a lot like what I have now.... copy cat lol

The Swaybar makes a noticeable difference, and dropping it in the rear made a good bit of a difference as well in the handling department. One thing I am noticing (and will be correcting) is with the OL springs removed the rear rides a little rougher than I would like so I am going to get some new shocks for the rear to see if they will stiffen things up a bit.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i atcually just got done doing a complete front in overhaul just last month. i reaplaced the whole upper control arm, new lower ball joints, outter tie rods, whole new rack and pinion with new inners and power steering pump. i also replaced all of the pressure hoses etc. it was one heck of a job but the joys of mudding and riding the trails come at a cost and also does owning a 9 year old truck lol

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sounds a lot like what I have now.... copy cat lol

The Swaybar makes a noticeable difference, and dropping it in the rear made a good bit of a difference as well in the handling department. One thing I am noticing (and will be correcting) is with the OL springs removed the rear rides a little rougher than I would like so I am going to get some new shocks for the rear to see if they will stiffen things up a bit.

what ever happened to the idea of you making a custom rear suspension to make it like the new rams? no leafs.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Thought about it, really thought about it but no direct kit means its gonna take a lot more Fab work than I wanted to get into. Don't get it right and your driving down the road crooked. Maybe later on down the road I'll look at it more

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
70k, sounds like it lasted a good time. I got mine replaced at 50k, all except ball joints. The A arms are squeaking too, so that's next on the list lol

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
70k, sounds like it lasted a good time. I got mine replaced at 50k, all except ball joints. The A arms are squeaking too, so that's next on the list lol

yea... mine is getting really bad. today pulling out of a parking lot. if i turn all the way in either direction i guess one of the joints or something is really bad so the whole truck will shift. i gave a car a little love kiss backing out because of that... but no harm no foul. no marks on either car. the guy was pretty cool about it. but it needs to be done asap.