New guy with ac question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deiz29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone I'm new here, this is my first pick up(03 4.7 slt crew cab) I had an 04 duramgo hemI prior to this as my bad weather car since my g8 does fair to well in rain or snow. Anyway I been lurking on this forum since I got the truck two wks ago and have learned a lot about the truck and have done a few diy mods already. Anyway my issue is this, when I'm driving ac blows somewhat cold at a stop nothing but warm air. I did some reading on here and learned about the condenser fan being suspect and to try to give it a tap w a hammer. Well since mine wasn't turning I gave it a shot and it turned right on. But every time I shut ac off or car it would need to be hit again. So I know that's one issue. But when I hit the fan and it's running the air still isn't to cold. It's colder than it was but over time it gets warm(I checked and the fan is still running) I also noticed that the recirculaton position doesn't change the force of the air at all?.. On 3 my blower is kinda queit but at 4 it's loud. So before I go buying a fan and possibly a heater box is there any info anyone has that I could also check out? I put the ac gauges to it. It has normal pressure in both lines so I don't believe there is any leaks. Any insight is appreciated thanks.

Ceri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replace the condenser fan. It sounds like you've already confirmed it is the problem. Just because it spins doesn't mean its working correctly. It's a common problem in earlier builds. Its about 100 bucks.

OP
OP
D

Deiz29

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I have ordered it already. Actually got it at pep boys for 70$ w the discount for online orders (manny30) and I just removed the blower and found the lid was flipped down so I wiggled it out and removed it so now the air is blowing much better. I will get the fan tom or we'd and see how it works...

Also the only way to get a new recirculaton door is to remove the u it from behind dash?