New guy here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smi2710

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey guys I am currently shopping around for a Gen3 1500 SLT cab truck in NJ area

I have done some reading/lurking here but want to get opinions on pricing for these trucks as of lately. I hoping to spend about 8 grand on one. I know mileage will be anywhere from 100k to 150k. What are some do's and don'ts when looking these vehicles over. This will be my first full size truck I have mostly had German cars and have been modifying them forever. This truck will be nothing more then a a throw dirtbikes in the back and run to home depot and take the family around hence the need for the quad cab.

share with me your knowledge and or threads i may have missed while searching as well as any deals you think are awesome in and around NJ im willing to go as far south as deleware and surrounding areas for the right deal

thanks and look foward to joining a new community !!!

for reference heres one i was thinking about taking a look at and would only consider if they came down in price and after i inspected
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Morristown NJ 20727240

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the group:favorites13: good luck with the hunt..

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys I am currently shopping around for a Gen3 1500 SLT cab truck in NJ area

I have done some reading/lurking here but want to get opinions on pricing for these trucks as of lately. I hoping to spend about 8 grand on one. I know mileage will be anywhere from 100k to 150k. What are some do's and don'ts when looking these vehicles over. This will be my first full size truck I have mostly had German cars and have been modifying them forever. This truck will be nothing more then a a throw dirtbikes in the back and run to home depot and take the family around hence the need for the quad cab.

share with me your knowledge and or threads i may have missed while searching as well as any deals you think are awesome in and around NJ im willing to go as far south as deleware and surrounding areas for the right deal

thanks and look foward to joining a new community !!!

for reference heres one i was thinking about taking a look at and would only consider if they came down in price and after i inspected
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Morristown NJ 20727240

If its for just as you said, a bike hauler and some family home depot runs then a 04 is perfectly fine. It actually does look pretty darn clean and is fairly low miles... still PLENTY of life left in that hemi. Obviously it could have a million different issues as with any used vehicle but common things to watch for in these babies are the HEMI tick (not to be confused with broken manifold bolt tick.) Broken exhaust manifold bolts is very common as it is WITH ANY engine using aluminum heads, ford and gm both have multiple engines that are almost garaunteed to have broken bolts just like the hemi. and watch for weird electrical issues of any kind.... ghost operated windows/locks/wipers lol anything weird with electrical usually means the TIPM is taking a crap. thats about all i can think of off the top of my head. Goodluck on whatever you get, I owned a 04 slt qc HEMI before my 07 and loved it. These trucks make great bike haulers :naughty:

o and, RIDE ON BROTHA :rocking:

Attachments

• raidenbackbikes.jpg
    raidenbackbikes.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170926_103657.jpg
    20170926_103657.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 11

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
:welcome:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Up there, make sure you look underneath on the frame, spring perches and lower/under body and suspension. No one EVER washes these things properly after salt and snow, etc. Had a guy assure me a truck was good to go (don't look at a blue 4.7 Ram out towards Elmer) and that entire truck was one good hammer shot from falling apart.