New here, Looking fir a 1500 Thunder Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

honeybadger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone!

I'm new here. I just joined so hopefully I can get some more info of what to look for when buying my truck.

My job is operating a parts business exclusively for Buick Reattas. I buy and sell cars, parts, and everything in between all over the US. my current rigs consist of my '94 Buick Roadmaster wagon and a car dolly, and a 03 ford e-250 work ban and my 20' tilt bed car trailer.

I'm looking to replace both the wagon and the van with a truck. I've pretty much figured out that I want either a 04-06 1500 with the Thunder Road package, or an '03 V10.

I'll need the 5.7 and the 3:92 gears in the thunder road for hauling. All those come standard like that, right?

Any tips or pointers as to what I should look for?

Thanks!!

blake30615

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 07 Thunder road package 2 years ago and it has 3.92 gears,tow package, but came with 4.7.

Rammajama07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I currently have a thunder road 07 1500 it comes with bigger gears tow package and I've been told a better suspension, the suspension part may or may not be true I've always thought my truck rides better than most. It will tear down the gates of hades though with the gears in it though its well worth the money to get one if you find one.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Instead of a 1500 I suggest going with a 2500 that has more towing capacity. You will not regret it in the long run.

:welcome:

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
If you're towing long distances, is a Cummins powered 2500 in the budget? From a business standpoint I feel like that's a better route to go than with anything gas powered