New To Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tfaught50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought an 05 1500, was wondering where to start on exterior/performance upgrades

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, post up some goals / expectations and we'll all help ya out.

a 10 sec show truck versus a mid 14s daily driver have very different paths / parts.

OP
OP
T

tfaught50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
sorry for the late reply, heres a list I made of what I want to do it
Spyder Smoke LED Halo Projector Headlight 444-DR02-HL-SMC
Spyder LED Tail Light Red/Smoke ALT-ON-DRAM02-LED-RS
Spyder Smoke Halo Projector Fog Light FL-P-DRAM02-HL-SM
Anzo USA Third Brake Light Version 2 Smoke #ANZ531081
K&N 57 Series FIPK Air Intake
Flowmaster American Thunder Dual Rear Exhaust
DiabloSport Trinity Tuner
Hankook DynaPro RF10
ATX SERIES CRAWL Matte Black with Machined Accents
EGR Bolt-On Fender Flares
Smittybilt Nerf Step
Reciever Hitch
Flex-A-Lite 183 Electric Fan
Ported Throttle Body 85mm
VIS Racing SRT 2 Carbon Fiber Hood

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Programmer, exhaust (not just muffler or catback), intake, gears, converter, cam. Then you really start to open things up and get inside the engine.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
We can get you covered on the performance side of things for sure.
Have the fan in stock, intakes both the series you want and others all in the same price range, tuner, best ported TB. Would suggest headers and a 180* tstat to your mix to put a bigger grin on your face. The link to the site is in my sig. Just hit anyone up on here or us and we can get ya having fun with it.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Would suggest headers and a 180* tstat to your mix to put a bigger grin on your face.

Speaking of T-Stat. I have the same year truck and it seems to take awhile to get it up to running temp. I have the tow package so im wondering if I should even bother to mess with the t-stat. Also I cant make any major mods as the truck still has 2 years on the warranty. Any thoughts?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
How long is it taking to warm up? And are you talking about the motor temp or hot air temp in the cab? Both the 04 and 05 take the same amount of time to warm up and the 05 is stock on the t-stat, the 04 had an 180* and now a 170* on the new motor. Both take about 10 mins of idling at the house or about 3-4 miles of driving when its 30 and below. Both of my trucks have the factory tow package also.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
I will pipe in here for one reason. The spyder projector headlights. I had a pair of them and had nothing but problems. The Halo's would turn on and off randomly, the Highbeams would not stay lit if they turned on at all, they are near impossible to aim correctly with standard bulbs, and with HID's expect to modify the projector housing to get them to fit, and then cross your fingers and hope you can aim them. Most HID bulbs will not even fit without making a spacer for them because they hit the projectors light aiming device.
The Spyders look good but the light output is also dimished due to them using a tinted lens on the projector. Not a good choice at all if you plan on installing HID's. Talk to Jeremey at Retro Shop BEFORE you spend the money on the Spyders.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How long is it taking to warm up? And are you talking about the motor temp or hot air temp in the cab? Both the 04 and 05 take the same amount of time to warm up and the 05 is stock on the t-stat, the 04 had an 180* and now a 170* on the new motor. Both take about 10 mins of idling at the house or about 3-4 miles of driving when its 30 and below. Both of my trucks have the factory tow package also.

That sounds about what Im getting for warm up. The hot air temperature starts kicking in good once the needle starts moving across the guage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45