Nitrogen inflation??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thats fine, I have an air compresser, I'll spend the 10min it takes to check and fill all 4 tires once a month or every oil change. Paying $26 for "air" for a daily driver is just stupid to me. Never have an issue in the summer, never have an issue in the winter.

There are a lot of benefits this is one of those things like the 3000 mile oil/ traditional oil change. If you like to waste time, money, and in this case not want what is best for your vehicle by all means enjoy. I challenge you to get Nitrogen and then you will know why I am passionate about it. The biggest advancement in tires in many years. I will not own or run a vehicle of any kind with traditional air in them.

Moisture is what kills your rims and rots tires from inside out period.

Temps here go from 100ish down to -40ish so TPMS go nuts with "air" instead of Nitrogen.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
i dont see the benefit at all.
its not that constant. i just went back a few weeks ago and had the re-do my tires.
seems the dealership filled it to 35psi when i bought the truck in jan. and the pressure fluctuates anywhere up to 38psi when its warm, down to 31psi when it gets cooler.
when the first cold snap hit here in SC, all my tires read 30psi. so i had them "add" some pressure.
which meant hooking it up to the machine, and draining all the tires, then re-inflating to 35psi. was all good while temps stay warm. tire pressure stays @35-38psi. but the second it gets cold, its 30-33psi.
i thought the benefit was a constant pressure, meaning 35psi would be 35psi. but apparently not.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
it is still seasonal like air that is just a limitation of gas but TPMS it is huge improvement.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a lot of benefits this is one of those things like the 3000 mile oil/ traditional oil change. If you like to waste time, money, and in this case not want what is best for your vehicle by all means enjoy. I challenge you to get Nitrogen and then you will know why I am passionate about it. The biggest advancement in tires in many years. I will not own or run a vehicle of any kind with traditional air in them.

Moisture is what kills your rims and rots tires from inside out period.

Moisture is a problem, but if you have a decent compressor you will not have moisture issues. "Air" is 78% nitrogen, so the it is not much of a difference in the "size" of the molecules. The only time that nitrogen makes a difference is in extreme conditions such as in race cars or exteme temperature fluctuations.

If a place fills your tires with nitrogen for free I would do it, but I would never pay for it.